2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty, how much must he be worth now?

He's six months older than Marcus Rashford, a month younger than Gabriel Jesus, a year younger than Timo Werner, four months younger than Diogo Jota.

He's got the England international premium to add to his value, and he's top scorer in the league.

Chelsea paid 50m for Werner who was in the last year of his contract, Jota was 40m, Jesus or Rashford wouldn't be sold unless it was obscene money.

Our boy Dom is going to be commanding bids of about 75m at the end of the season if he keeps this up.

The nice thing is he's got 4.5 years left to run on his contract, so no need for us to rush in with a stupid 100k a week deal.

Make him prove it into next season then reward him next January if he continues to improve and impress.

watch the graph.

12 months ago, most here did not want him in the side,

if he stays injury free and we become perenially competitive, he will be our best striker since Dixie.

And that includes G.M. Sharp

Royal Blue beast

watch the graph.

12 months ago, most here did not want him in the side,

if he stays injury free and we become perenially competitive, he will be our best striker since Dixie.

And that includes G.M. Sharp

Royal Blue beast

Big shout that mate. I'm a huge fan, always have been (just saying !) but got some way to go to be better than like of Lineker, Lukaku, Latchford to name but a few!

The good thing about dcl now is if he goes on a drought I don’t think he will get all nervous and in on himself. I’d like to think now he will be confident enough just to get angry and try harder like a proper established goal machine.

As I've said, world class and on another level this lad.

He really is, you can see the confidence developing week on week & while international breaks are a pain for most, I think his sense of belonging further boosted by that.

For the CA doubters (myself included a little bit) he should be a reminder of how great coaches improve individuals. Sometimes gets forgotten in the "Style of play" and signings discussions

Even a 1 in 3 record from now until the end of the season would have him on 20 league goals, which is a top class tally for any striker.

If he stays fit I think he'll get another dozen or so league goals at least. Still 29 games to go so only a quarter of the season gone.

I think he'll get somewhere between 25-30 goals in all comps. If Richarlison could start going on a scoring run too, then we are in a good place. I think he will inevitably have a good run at some stage.

He is perfect for this team.

Perfect.

They will come for him this summer though. He will have 25+ goals, he is young, he is Brittish.

Hope he wants to stay

Yep, everyone talks about Richarlison leaving but if DCL carried on in this form he'll be a very attractive proposition fkr the big boys.

Good job we're winning a trophy and qualifying for Europe this year so we should be fine ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.