2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily United have a batch of good young English strikers of their own, their priorities are defensively. City is the one that’d be most likely to be looking at a new striker out of all of them.

Yep, good shout regarding City.

Don't think he'll be going anywhere soon like. He's in a good moment as things stand, long may it continue.

If he stays fit I think he'll get another dozen or so league goals at least. Still 29 games to go so only a quarter of the season gone.

I think he'll get somewhere between 25-30 goals in all comps. If Richarlison could start going on a scoring run too, then we are in a good place. I think he will inevitably have a good run at some stage.

I think Richarlinson will start scoring soon. I mean he nearly got a wonder goal yesterday and was stopped by an incredible save. Could have had another 2 on top of that aswell. You just sense he will "regress to mean" as I think Calvert Lewin will a little bit too. It will be important for him to start scoring, to take a bit of pressure off DCL when he hits an inevitable barren patch.

Yep, good shout regarding City.

Don't think he'll be going anywhere soon like. He's in a good moment as things stand, long may it continue.

We also nailed him down to a bumper new contract as one of our highest earners in March, which was a shrewd move. If we were discussing that at the moment, I feel like his agent would try to have all sorts of buy out clauses for Champions League teams put in.

Luckily United have a batch of good young English strikers of their own, their priorities are defensively. City is the one that’d be most likely to be looking at a new striker out of all of them.

I can see United unfortunately too mate. However good their strikers are, none of them are the same league as DCL. He'd also be the perfect foil for all of them.

In all honesty, how much must he be worth now?

He's six months older than Marcus Rashford, a month younger than Gabriel Jesus, a year younger than Timo Werner, four months younger than Diogo Jota.

He's got the England international premium to add to his value, and he's top scorer in the league.

Chelsea paid 50m for Werner who was in the last year of his contract, Jota was 40m, Jesus or Rashford wouldn't be sold unless it was obscene money.

Our boy Dom is going to be commanding bids of about 75m at the end of the season if he keeps this up.

The nice thing is he's got 4.5 years left to run on his contract, so no need for us to rush in with a stupid 100k a week deal.

Make him prove it into next season then reward him next January if he continues to improve and impress.

Everything you say is right mate, except for the figure, which will be close to double what you mention.

Don't think DCL suits city's style of play me, they need a pure finisher like aguero.

They'll no doubt go ahead and spend hundreds of millions again

I say teams will come for him even more than Richy.

Good young strikers are rare. He is also English and PL proven.

They'll come for him in the summer for sure.

Covid situation helps because teams are strapped for cash...but City doesn't care. United maybe..

In DCL and Richarlison we probably have 200 million pounds worth of striking talent that was brought into the club for somewhere between 35-45 million depending on which figures you believe. Very good business.

And we have arguably the best number 10 in the world for free.

Man we really need to shore up that defense. Can't waste all.that attacking talent

Status
Not open for further replies.