2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve heard some terrible opinions on here and I’ve had some myself - but the assertion that DCL is the best striker in world football and is now ‘miles better than Kane’ is comfortably the worst.
Saying that he would be our best striker by miles would have seen similar. So I’m going to start slating the idea myself and hope I get more egg on my face.

I was trying to work out what is the sweet spot between supporting our players unconditionally, and criticising them so badly that its as if they play for the RS. I think I found how to work it out with this stupid DCL comparison thread. We dont and cant' compare anyone. He's scoring loads of goals - the first person to do so since Lukaku left, and he's got great fitness, determination and ambition. And he's a young player we invested in, and it is working out. Just enjoy it?
Same with all the other young players. Same with James and any superstars that come our way to follow Ancelotti. What a ride! Let's enjoy it and protect our players. IT's day 40298 of the VVD memorial and look how those idiots support their players when it's not even worth it. We can do better and just say that DCL is a great young striker, in what could be his breakthrough season.

Kane vs DCL is actually an interesting question from an England perspective. Kane is a fairly different player from the guy he was two or three years ago. He's turned into the main playmaker in the Spurs side and his ability set up Son so far (even if I think the fact that Son is shooting nearly 50% is still something that is bound to come crashing down) is truly noteworthy. But I'm not sure that England really need a striker who is going to be doing that unless they're going to play Rashford and Raheem and have them make those runs too. When Spurs aren't playing to it like they weren't last year Kane's drifting throws the balance of the team a bit off. And this is why I do think a manager who wasn't going to be crapped on for making a hard decision like leaving Kane out would think about it.

Straight up I think you still have to take Kane, but it is close, and for the current Everton side I think DCL is better suited.

Status
Not open for further replies.