2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The relevant observation is that it leaves DCL tied for the Golden Boot lead, rather than having sole possession.

With a start like this, he should end up in the top ten for goals if he stays healthy. One goal in four matches from here leaves him matching last season's PL tally, and one in three reaches last season's top ten goals tally.

However, if we keep having all of these seven goal games it could take 30 league goals to win the thing, and 20 just to finish in the top ten.
It's far too early to look at an analysis these stats - plus it is a DCL thread ..... he may not score for 3 games so the bedwetters will be back on here..... slating him that's there privilege, but I think DCL if our midfield can stay fit - will supply both he & Rhico with goals - the best front two for pace & class imo - & top 4 should be our aim.. Or better...... with a goalscorer.....

It's far too early to look at an analysis these stats - plus it is a DCL thread .....

It's not so much a stats analysis as pointing out that the expectations for DCL are now increased, just based on simple arithmetic. You're correct that two matchdays is not a meaningful sample size.

Not interested in DCL winning the golden boot as it won't happen but if he can improve on the 14-16 league goals I was hoping he'd get then that will do for me. He won't win the golden boot because he isn't on penalties unlike Vardy, Salah, Kane etc... nevermind the fact he has a big jump to get to their level anyway.

Not interested in DCL winning the golden boot as it won't happen but if he can improve on the 14-16 league goals I was hoping he'd get then that will do for me. He won't win the golden boot because he isn't on penalties unlike Vardy, Salah, Kane etc... nevermind the fact he has a big jump to get to their level anyway.

....not the worst shout as he’s a very decent penalty taker, takes them to great affect for England youth.

Must admit taking penalties does me, the GB should be for open play.

It's not so much a stats analysis as pointing out that the expectations for DCL are now increased, just based on simple arithmetic. You're correct that two matchdays is not a meaningful sample size.

But more than enough for him to start asking posters to "eat humble pie" and "apologise" :coffee:

Head. Looks like shoulder from most angles but in the very last clip of it on MotD when they are talking about DCL the angle is more from the other side and it shows he plants a firm header and it was a bloody great finish
Considering what he had to do to make it go in, I don’t care if it came off his pecker. It def was a header though

Whose on the penos now then won’t be Siggy or Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.