2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed when He was subbed at 2-0 v Fleetwood - they came in to the game straight away - the ball was not being held upfront to link our midfield in - they came far more into the game - only for Pickford glaring errors it would have been 5-0 -, but v better teams we need DCL to hold that ball up plus score plus if they watch him too much Richy will find more space which is what happened the other night ......

Why?

He's obviously 'good'. He's 23 and growing season by season. Has pace, strength and is great in the air.

Obviously has a lot to work on but he's now scored 19 goals in all comps since the start of last season.

I think a few have mistaken what My intention of the post was. I’m a big fan of DCL, but some aren’t. You’d expect him to be getting a few more opportunities a game than the one or two a game he was getting. This season should be the one he proves the doubters wrong.

I’m going back to being a casual viewer of this forum. It’s a full time job justifying an opinion. :D

Enjoy the Season blues.

it’s the negative repping that gets me, disagree with someone who multi-accounts and you’re down 10 points lol lol

it’s a bit (!) childish, but what can you do.

I’m going back to being a casual viewer of this forum. It’s a full time job justifying an opinion. :D

Enjoy the Season blues.
That's a forum for you, you post an opinion and people will either agree or challenge, if you don't like them options, safer to stay off them haha

Someone who offers something different, DCL’s goals this season apart for Spurs where poachers goals which is fine, a goal is a goal and that might be his game moving forward. I’d like to have a striker that will create something for himself as another option. Imo outside the box or one on one he isn’t very good. Gives us another option against different teams

Well we have that in Richarlison and then we have a player who is actually at his best playing in a front two or narrow three as a runner (in Kean).

You're spot on that DCL isn't great one-v-one or outside the box, but we do have Richarlison. It's very rare that you can get a player that can do it all. We had one in Rom and a section of our fans seemed to despise him.

There's really very few out-and-out strikers in world football that can create stuff for themselves consistently.

The others are wide forwards - like Richarlison for example - or Mbappe.

I get where you're coming from but unless Kean leaves (and I don't particularly want him to) then a striker isn't going to be a priority. However, if we can get a wide forward in who can, as you say, create something for themselves etc (Bailey, Zaha etc) that would be great. Will depend on outs, though.

1601111341122.png

Status
Not open for further replies.