2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is you'll get some people starting to accuse him of being lazy now
Goal hanger..........like Ian Rush was........ lol
I hated the Latch when he replaced my hero - Big Joe as he was a grafter, but realised what a finisher he was plus a different type of Centre Foreward - Joe was a workhorse plus a scorer, The Latch was a fox in the box type player who also worked hard in a different way ......both great centre Forwards - DCL has a long way to go to emulate them, but we need a pin point crosser of the ball like they had with speed to beat the full back, and cross a beauty for him like at Spurs .... Moggsy did it for Joe & Dave Thomas did it for the Latch ......it's not rocket science ......we need a better winger than Walcott who can't cross the road or beat a man either .......we have to rely on Dieghn .......all the time......

Last edited:
My granddad apparently used to complain that Dean was rubbish and all he could do was score.

What can I say, we've always expected more from even the very best.
Joe Mercer stated Lawton had a better all round game, but Dean was a goal machine plus loyal turned down a big money move to Arsenal - Lawtons private life was a disaster ....my late Grandad stated he was never the player Dean was ...
All about opinions even then - no one will ever beat Deans record - he had a great goal scoring record playing for England too.........

Mad the way people come up with reasons to dislike him or say he isn't good all because they can't admit they got it massively wrong and he's actually a decent player who works harder than anyone in this team to get better season on season.

Brilliant in the air, holds the ball up well, and is now scoring goals well.

You won't get many strikers who work as hard as he does are as good in the air and who score goals.

Appreciate him for what he is not for what he can't do.

Mad the way people come up with reasons to dislike him or say he isn't good all because they can't admit they got it massively wrong and he's actually a decent player who works harder than anyone in this team to get better season on season.

You won't get many strikers who work as hard as he does are as good in the air and who score goals.

DCL scores today
TBH if Rhico get another two or one & we win that will do me .... it's our Keeper plus Mina if he plays which they will expose today our weak links imo - DCL will have a good game he always does -

TBH if Rhico get another two or one & we win that will do me .... it's our Keeper plus Mina if he plays which they will expose today our weak links imo - DCL will have a good game he always does -

I agree, if they get the ball then their front three can do damage. I'm trusting our midfield to not let them have the ball and hoping for a better game from Gomes (if he starts ahead of Delph).

Said the last two weeks I'm happy to be wrong about him if he keeps it up.

But you can't claim people are wrong based on 2 games when he went 10 games the end of the last season without scoring and looking generally useless.

If he finishes the season on 15+ league goals I'll happily say I was wrong about him and he's off to a great start with that.

Turning into the complete striker. What was missing from his game was goals in those sort of areas - he's always had the movement in the channels and the ability to hold it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.