2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes been around long enough why does that matter ? Koeman was and still is shocking , there is a decent forward in DCL somewhere and I for one hope he makes it ... numbers are for sad statto types , keep number crunching mate
Ok mate.
It matters because the incredibly long run DCL with little or no return was given.

YES, I agree koeman was shocking.

I think you may not have read what I have actually said. I want him to succeed. I’m hoping he proves he is the player we so desperately need him to be.

What numbers am I crunching? I referenced no numbers.

my point was I’m not convinced by what I see.

take your time I’m in manic phase at the moment. I’ve posted more than a few in the last half hour or so. Be sure not skim, I put more than a bit of effort not to offend or ruffle the feathers of the jumpy.

Ok mate.
It matters because the incredibly long run DCL with little or no return was given.

YES, I agree koeman was shocking.

I think you may not have read what I have actually said. I want him to succeed. I’m hoping he proves he is the player we so desperately need him to be.

What numbers am I crunching? I referenced no numbers.

my point was I’m not convinced by what I see.

take your time I’m in manic phase at the moment. I’ve posted more than a few in the last half hour or so. Be sure not skim, I put more than a bit of effort not to offend or ruffle the feathers of the jumpy.

As you can see I’m no prolific poster and as such couldn’t care a jot to look back at posts previous ... not in my list of things I find compelling

I’m made up you want the lad to do well ... so do I

I hope with the quality added to the team he may polish the roughness off and shine a bit more

Huge season for him. The party finally ended for Davies this summer and it could next summer, for Dom.

4-4-2 gave him a stay of execution and he took full advantage with his great scoring spell to buy himself another season, but if he doesn't keep up the same scoring rate, I think it's inevitable we'll be looking to put some distance between him and the first XI.

I'd prefer we saved ourselves a huge wedge and he continues to improve though. Could give us an alternative FFP buster to Richarlison too.

DCL has vastly improved over the last year. Before lockdown he was really playing well. After lockdown he never played well. But he does keep trying. His general play is great. Now he needs to work hard on his finishing which I'm sure he is. Still young and still learning. Hopefully this new midfield creates a lot more chances for him, Richy and Kean if he stays. Still would like a winger like lozano, or a speed merchant like Sarr to provid competition for these 3

I actually want him to do well and I am more than happy to get vaulted on here if he turns out a top slotter this season and propels Everton to where we want to be, I just don't want him to decide the contribution James makes by giving him 5 assists instead of 10 for example which would be upsetting.

DCL has vastly improved over the last year. Before lockdown he was really playing well. After lockdown he never played well. But he does keep trying. His general play is great. Now he needs to work hard on his finishing which I'm sure he is. Still young and still learning. Hopefully this new midfield creates a lot more chances for him, Richy and Kean if he stays. Still would like a winger like lozano, or a speed merchant like Sarr to provid competition for these 3
I don’t think DCLs general play is great. He can sometimes hold the ball up well but his touch and passing is not great.

I don’t think DCLs general play is great. He can sometimes hold the ball up well but his touch and passing is not great.
Maybe great isthe wrong word. His general play has improved and he has also improved his upper body strength as well. Now if he can improve his finixhing especially one on ones he could be a 20 goal a season striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.