2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
All fair points to be honest, I think he's had a few clinical finishes though, Newcastle first and the left foot finish against Newcastle again and Brighton where Mason slid him in, Does he need to hit 20 goals though? We'd all love but it might be a stretch too far just yet, I think over 10 consistently is a good start providing goals come from other places like Richarlison/Doucoure.
Nah he does not need to hit 20 bud id love him to.

would I be happy with 10-19, absolutely.

I’m just trying to mentally prepare if Everton pull an Everton.

I just need to put my thoughts on this whole DCL debate out there.

who knows, I’m just ready for Sunday.

Fancy DCL to get 15-20 goals this season in all competitions...

However we need another back up striker to progress the team forward...

Any injuries to DCL or Richarlison then we will be struggling again...

Kean still not ready & will need another season to develop & Tosun is simply not good enough...

With Injuries,suspensions,resting & rotating players we will need another key striker as we are still lacking in forward & attacking players who can make their mark in a challenging premiership season...

Poor show by some ... give the lad a chance to kick a ball this season before getting your bed sheets wet you whoppers
A chance ? Where you not around during the Koeman era ?

A chance is not the argument, it’s whether or not what we saw was authentic or not.

numbers say things but so does a set of eye balls.

Fancy DCL to get 15-20 goals this season in all competitions...

However we need another back up striker to progress the team forward...

Any injuries to DCL or Richarlison then we will be struggling again...

Kean still not ready & will need another season to develop & Tosun is simply not good enough...

With Injuries,suspensions,resting & rotating players we will need another key striker as we are still lacking in forward & attacking players who can make their mark in a challenging premiership season...
Sandro is ready and waiting for orders.

DCL scores as many goals last season as Richarlison why is there such a disparity in ratings as to how good they are??

Watch a clip of all of our goals from last season, and that will answer your question. DCL contributed the poacher goals of Lewandowski. Richarlison contribued the class finishes of Lewandowski.

It's true that goals do not score style points, but only Richarlison was making something out of nothing, or from not much (eg: Digne aerial ball against Bournemouth), which is why he is more highly regarded.

A chance ? Where you not around during the Koeman era ?

A chance is not the argument, it’s whether or not what we saw was authentic or not.

numbers say things but so does a set of eye balls.

Yes been around long enough why does that matter ? Koeman was and still is shocking , there is a decent forward in DCL somewhere and I for one hope he makes it ... numbers are for sad statto types , keep number crunching mate

The lad bagged 15 goals last season being fed by that absolute dog of a midfield. I fail to see how you clowns can't get your head around him scoring more in the coming season being supplied by our all new sexy dynamic midfield maestros

For me, I’m happy for us to go into next season with DCL as one of starting strikers.

I actually think that he will score more goals next season than he has this, however what I think will become more evident is the number of chances he misses. I don’t feel he’s clinical enough. A lot of his goals are messy.

If correct, cash in on him at the end of next season at a premium but ensure we have a more natural finisher lined up.

Status
Not open for further replies.