2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAlcott put the ball across the goal for Kean to score...there were also two crosses looking for his head...both from Digne I think. Hope you keeping OK Joey during this lockdown...you been shielded like me?
He fluffed the two headers , but they were not gifts exactly the type of criticism DCL has been getting for missing .... anyone up front for us will struggle we got beat 3-1 v a relegation team 3 of them took 4 points of us......

I agree we haven't created enough but let's get it right DCL has had more good chances since the restart than Richarlison and you can see the difference in abilities

We 1million % need better quality midfielders to create more but he should have had a couple of goals with the chances he has had

I'll say
Massive mistake thinking he’s the solution at centre forward. It will kill us next season.
I don't think he was meant to be THE solution, but now because the CMs and RM, RB are so bad, we have to prioritise those over CF. I know this is not popular but I would go for another young forward to challenge Richarlison, DCL & Kean and focus more money on other positions where we need urgent urgent change. Up till recently I thought we had to keep banking on Pickford, but we at least need upgrades on Stek and Virginia to give Pickford serious competition. Is Lossl our player again?

heading off on another richly funded, totally undeserved break with Tom Davies, while Richarlison takes his training for next season ultra seriously.
Pair of them have jetted off to top up their tan with their tweed housecoats on their backs, and cloggs on their feet the absolute belters. They both make me sick.

I like DCL and think he still has more to give before he reaches his potential.

But I'm glad he was dropped for Kean against Bournemouth. I just don't think DCL scores the same goal. Yes it was a tap in after a great ball from Walcott but DCL tends to be several seconds behind play and I'm not sure he'd have been in the same position as Kean at the right time.

If that's instinct, can it be taught through experience/exposure or is it natural?

I like DCL and think he still has more to give before he reaches his potential.

But I'm glad he was dropped for Kean against Bournemouth. I just don't think DCL scores the same goal. Yes it was a tap in after a great ball from Walcott but DCL tends to be several seconds behind play and I'm not sure he'd have been in the same position as Kean at the right time.

If that's instinct, can it be taught through experience/exposure or is it natural?

I do not think they have found this gene yet, so I would guess it can be learned :)

like the guy but sometimes he should be a sub. We have more concerns in other positions. Happy with Rich/DLC and kean for next season.

Yeah lets just sell him lads despite other positions in dire need of help.

Which FFP prevents us doing without a big sale.

He's easily our best hope of a squad rebuild unless you want the inevitable sale of Richarlison or Digne in the coming season or so - sell now as he'll never get 15 goals in a season again and reinvest the dough.

Which FFP prevents us doing without a big sale.

He's easily our best hope of a squad rebuild unless you want the inevitable sale of Richarlison or Digne in the coming season or so - sell now as he'll never get 15 goals in a season again and reinvest the dough.

While I disagree with selling DCL I do understand your logic. Think Carlo likes him too much though.

I'd use this same logic with regards to punting one of Keane or Mina though. Both good CBs on their day and could probably fetch as large a fee for us now as they ever could.

If we had sense we would sell whilst his stock is high.

Convince some outfit like West Ham to lash £40 million at us - would alone give us the leg room needed FFP speaking to do a squad rebuild.

Richarlison, Kean & a top CF in like Belotti and we would look good up top.
The guy who gave a pen away, and stunk the place out like ten others.......
We could have Pele & Eusébio up top in their prime & we would struggle with that way of playing and midfield...... no decent crosses bar one = we scored from it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.