2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the spread of goals, its huge swaths of the season with not a lot and then a concentrated period, this is what he has to improve.

To be very fair though, the lack of a central midfield to get the ball to advanced positions is awful, so i dont think his return this season cant be looked at in isolation, we are poor so very poor in transition and getting the ball to advanced areas.

Last edited:
For most of the season we have had a midfield that considers a forward pass something that should be feared.

And our wing options are that bad that some have convinced themselves that Bolasie could be an option.

Im not saying we have Van Basten and Bebeto upfront, but it would be lovely if we had somebody to feed them.

I love Digne, he's great, but when your Left Back is your most creative player by a country mile, then you have to consider your attacking methods.

There’s a lad from Arsenal who is one of the best in Europe for getting the ball forward, brilliant assist stats, quick, young. Reckon we could get him for about 30 mill and he’d solve this problem entirely.

....not sure I agree with that description. He’s mobile and capable of some deft touches, back-heels etc in possession.
He’s mobile without the ball, but he’s stiff as a 60 rated bronze card with it, he can’t change direction/dribble or even throw in a step over. He’s really really limited and I don’t understand how some people can’t see that.

He’s mobile without the ball, but he’s stiff as a 60 rated bronze card with it, he can’t change direction/dribble or even throw in a step over. He’s really really limited and I don’t understand how some people can’t see that.
Even with all those deficiencies according to you - He cost very little & is our leading goalscorer with a pathetic midfield......

He's awful. Just admit it. He was terrible at the start of the season, then had a bit of a purple patch around January/ February and has now gone back to form. Expect more of the same next season. Running around, not achieving very much, missing easy chances, then when the fume builds up, scores a couple of goals to relieve the pressure.

He's awful. Just admit it. He was terrible at the start of the season, then had a bit of a purple patch around January/ February and has now gone back to form. Expect more of the same next season. Running around, not achieving very much, missing easy chances, then when the fume builds up, scores a couple of goals to relieve the pressure.
He is the leading goalscorer so your opinion of the others then ....? Their goal contribution have you looked at it?

You're wasting your time Joey. Minds are made up and won't be changed. Just carry on supporting the lad, it's the only thing you can do.
You have not answered my power apart from Rhico, and DCL where have the rest of the goals come from, and how many before you blame him solely....
I wait in anticipation....Mina is up there ...Bernard .. how many from midfield?

There’s a lad from Arsenal who is one of the best in Europe for getting the ball forward, brilliant assist stats, quick, young. Reckon we could get him for about 30 mill and he’d solve this problem entirely.

We have Van Basten & Bebeto up front!! Now that's the kind of positive energy we need.

Thing Abar Dom as well is people are mentioning his goal tally this season which is good to be fair but it all come in a very short space of time, he had a poor start to the season and a poor end to the season. He's not like spread his goals out through the whole season

Can't rely on a striker who has 2 good months in a season.

Really don't think he'll improve any more than he already has. Decent player to have around the squad but if he's through on goal I don't ever think he's gonna score, not good when you think that Abar your number 9

Status
Not open for further replies.