2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
They ignored Gerrard and Henderson being dominated by a semi retired Pirlo (again) and just focussed on whether Hodgson should have asked Terry and Ashley Cole out of retirement so he didn’t have to play the two Everton players who had ruined everything for England.
Terry should of been playing to be fair, my fave england player of all time

Tbf the guy is 22, scoring in the PL, in line to play for England, a youth team World Cup winner and in immaculate shape. How could he not be confident?

Because the same folk who have been convinced by a few weeks of goals (some even his most biggest fans have to admit were flukey ie. 2x de gea howlers and 2 defensive mistakes from Chelsea's defenders) were likely the same who no doubt were hoodwinked by Silva following his purple patch of wins against the top 6 last season.

The only thing im guilty of is having high expectations - the day he improves his finishing and scores on a regular basis (and not missing constant one on one's etc.) Is the day he'll have won me over and I'll happily admit to being wrong - but until then he has no right dressing like Tom Davies thinking he has made it.

Because the same folk who have been convinced by a few weeks of goals (some even his most biggest fans have to admit were flukey ie. 2x de gea howlers and 2 defensive mistakes from Chelsea's defenders) were likely the same who no doubt were hoodwinked by Silva following his purple patch of wins against the top 6 last season.

The only thing im guilty of is having high expectations - the day he improves his finishing and scores on a regular basis (and not missing constant one on one's etc.) Is the day he'll have won me over and I'll happily admit to being wrong - but until then he has no right dressing like Tom Davies thinking he has made it.
But like we've reached a day when he's improved on his finishing and is scoring on a regular basis. It has literally happened this season.

But like we've reached a day when he's improved on his finishing and is scoring on a regular basis. It has literally happened this season.

Its happened for about 2 months under 2 new managers - we've seen plenty of players in the prem go on periods of good form before reverting to type. Im still judging him on his EFC career as a whole and right now he's still an average CF albeit one who has shown glimpses of improvement.

I just call it as I see it mate there is no agenda with me - I never rated Holgate much until this season but he has won me over (still not 100% convinced of him defensively but he's certainly impressed me compared to seasons gone by) so im not one for hating on a player for the sake of it.

Same way I can say Siggurdsson and Marcel Brands were both decent last year and abysmal this year - whereas others are entrenched in their views and will never shift on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.