2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its happened for about 2 months under 2 new managers - we've seen plenty of players in the prem go on periods of good form before reverting to type. Im still judging him on his EFC career as a whole and right now he's still an average CF albeit one who has shown glimpses of improvement.

I just call it as I see it mate there is no agenda with me - I never rated Holgate much until this season but he has won me over (still not 100% convinced of him defensively but he's certainly impressed me compared to seasons gone by) so im not one for hating on a player for the sake of it.

Same way I can say Siggurdsson and Marcel Brands were both decent last year and abysmal this year - whereas others are entrenched in their views and will never shift on them.
It's been four months.

I don't get how Holgate can change someone's mind while being in the middle of a leaky defense but DCL scoring goals with no real creative players in the side isn't doing enough. But carry on.

He'll do the same next season and still FB92 won't have any of it

He has alot to prove mate - lets not pretend he hasn't been a poor CF in the 3 years or so that he's been here.

If he continues to improve I'll happily hold my hand up but for every fluke goal he scores from opposition errors he misses vital 1 on 1's or sitters shooting right at the keeper in vital games which will always come back to haunt us in the big games when we are competing for Europe and trophies.

I've said for a while I think on current form he's a very good squad player to bring off the bench and harass the opposition - but if we are to genuinely aim to no longer have the season over by January and be in the running for europe or even the Champions League we need a Striker a level above who is a natural goalscorer and can take it around the keeper, put it either side under pressure etc. They are the forwards that win you stuff and its not just the top sides who have them either ie. Vardy, Jimenez.

He has alot to prove mate - lets not pretend he hasn't been a poor CF in the 3 years or so that he's been here.

If he continues to improve I'll happily hold my hand up but for every fluke goal he scores from opposition errors he misses vital 1 on 1's or sitters shooting right at the keeper in vital games which will always come back to haunt us in the big games when we are competing for Europe and trophies.

I've said for a while I think on current form he's a very good squad player to bring off the bench and harass the opposition - but if we are to genuinely aim to no longer have the season over by January and be in the running for europe or even the Champions League we need a Striker a level above who is a natural goalscorer and can take it around the keeper, put it either side under pressure etc. They are the forwards that win you stuff and its not just the top sides who have them either ie. Vardy, Jimenez.

He’s been poor in the previous because he arguably got rushed into the team too early by Koeman then continued to get played out of the middle by Allardyce and Silva, soon as Dunc then Carlo moved him central and got him laser focused, the goals have flowed

Keep him central, have Richarlison working off him and feed both of them from the midfield and both will hit at least 15-20 next season whenever that will be, hell both are still on for that if the PL get their way to finish this season

Oh and you keep pushing that the likes of Vardy and Jimenez win their team stuff, Leicester have won nada since their title win 4 years ago with Vardy, Wolves haven’t won anything since coming up either with Jimenez

He’s been poor in the previous because he arguably got rushed into the team too early by Koeman then continued to get played out of the middle by Allardyce and Silva, soon as Dunc then Carlo moved him central and got him laser focused, the goals have flowed

Keep him central, have Richarlison working off him and feed both of them from the midfield and both will hit at least 15-20 next season whenever that will be, hell both are still on for that if the PL get their way to finish this season

Oh and you keep pushing that the likes of Vardy and Jimenez win their team stuff, Leicester have won nada since their title win 4 years ago with Vardy, Wolves haven’t won anything since coming up either with Jimenez
Didn’t Koeman play him at RB at one point? lol

Wolves have qualified for europe and were in the European spots again this year, consistently beat the top sides and were on course to get into the quarter finals of the Europa League - meanwhile for three seasons running our season has been over by January.

Stick Vardy or Jimenez alongside Richarlison up top and we would be gunning for Europe/trophies.

Wolves have qualified for europe and were in the European spots again this year, consistently beat the top sides and were on course to get into the quarter finals of the Europa League - meanwhile for three seasons running our season has been over by January.

Stick Vardy or Jimenez alongside Richarlison up top and we would be gunning for Europe/trophies.

What did they win for getting into Europe?

What did they win for getting into Europe?

I would rather be in Europe than not be in it.

Simple fact is there is a reason why we keep failing every year and its because if you dont have a top class CF and GK then you'll never do anything - we have neither right now.

Lukaku single handely got us into europe in Koemans 1st season when we were in truth an average side outside of occasional glimpses of quality from Ross and Del Boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.