2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather him be in the right spot & not scoring rather than him looking lost. I’ve sat through loads of games where we struggle to create any chances for our strikers, but Dom is always putting himself about.

The more he plays the more confidence he will get, took a while for Kane to become clinical as well but hopefully one day something unlocks in DCL as he could be up to 15+ for the season by now
If Dom keeps going at the rate he has since Silva left, whether the haters like it or not, we have an English kid capable of netting 20 -25 a season on our hands.

Got to be worth 50m in today's market.

And he is getting better and better

Richarlison is already the finished article.

DCL is not, but he's also 21. He could easily up his finishing game and become more than a very high-quality prospect that happens to be on a scoring run. Being in the top 10 for goals scored after the way he started the season is an impressive achievement.

You're a lot more likely to successfully teach an attacker finishing technique than positional sense, so his current limitations are good problems to have.
You can’t teach instinct.

He is putting goals away and a handful to play against.
He’s played less minutes then Kane and scored more goals. Would Kane be getting the same treatment?
all strikers miss chances. Not getting chances would be more worrying. Scored 12 goals in the premier league, cost us 1.5million. His upturn in performance has seen us become one of the form sides in the league since silva left. Let’s get off his back.
for the record this is what good return for a striker looks like:

Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Everton
146 minsper goal
1746 minsplayed
12Goals scored
1 Assists

If Dom keeps going at the rate he has since Silva left, whether the haters like it or not, we have an English kid capable of netting 20 -25 a season on our hands.

Got to be worth 50m in today's market.

And he is getting better and better
He is getting better. But I have little confidence in him when he gets a chance. I’m always hoping he’ll score as expecting him to score. He is not a natural finisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.