2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he has. I;d concede that. But he's still not taking up good positions on outfield play when Richarlison, in particular, is looking for him to make a decent run, and he's very wasteful.

Another striker is essential. DCL feels he's undroppable, and he needs to be made aware that if he's so wasteful he gets dropped.

He is undroppable. Who you swapping him for?

Tough one for Carlo this
Do you buy a top finisher and hope DCL can play with him or act as back up to him.
With FFP I think Carlo will have to strengthen elsewhere and hope DCL continues this improvement with even better finishing

...oh definitely, Richarlison has much more quality, he’s truly terrific. DCL, though, is progressing significantly and his physicality and athleticism is actually getting him on the end of those chances. At this point in time, it’s a case of hoping he converts rather than expecting him to convert but he’s certainly gone up a level this season.

Richarlison is already the finished article.

DCL is not, but he's also 21. He could easily up his finishing game and become more than a very high-quality prospect that happens to be on a scoring run. Being in the top 10 for goals scored after the way he started the season is an impressive achievement.

You're a lot more likely to successfully teach an attacker finishing technique than positional sense, so his current limitations are good problems to have.

Header was hardest of the 3 chances IMO. Easiest was the one Leno saved that he should have hit low.
He was offside for that one by the way ...VAR would have disappointed us.... on my game on TV they showed he was offside anyway plus he did really well to get his shot away as it bounced awkwardly high up... he was marked tight unlike their goalscorer....

Did well positionally and made some decent tuns but, if he’s going to play regularly at the highest level, he really has to start putting those chances away.

Nowhere near enough intelligent runs and pulling defenders about and out of position.

He needs to have a top striker alongside him to learn that. Richarlison is a different type of attacker and cant teach DCL how to stop-start; move forward and then check back to lose defenders etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.