2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a danger to the opposition aerially, no question. But he's poor in movement and in finishing with his feet generally speaking.

He needs competition for his starting place, and I think Carlo will give it to him next season.

Richarlison is pure class and a level above DCL.

Finishing's still hit and miss. It's still nowhere near top quality. If he is ever going to be a top quality striker, forget everything else, you won't get there if you're passing up as many chances as he currently is.

Credit to him for the goal return and what was an excellent finish today in an important game, but we're putting a lot of sitters on plates for him at the moment and for me he's not burying enough of them.

He's in the right areas though, which is half the battle. Composure can't be taught, but I'm not going to write off the chance of him improving slightly in this department, as he definitely seems to have the attitude required to do the work on the training pitch.

Biggest critic in the past I have been.

Should have buried 3 today minimum, however he has shown since joining, he is improving all the time and it took Harry Kane a long while to really get going after a lot of criticism.

As long as he's improving game by game, which he has been, then he's doing fine.

He's a danger to the opposition aerially, no question. But he's poor in movement and in finishing with his feet generally speaking.

He needs competition for his starting place, and I think Carlo will give it to him next season.

Richarlison is pure class and a level above DCL.

...oh definitely, Richarlison has much more quality, he’s truly terrific. DCL, though, is progressing significantly and his physicality and athleticism is actually getting him on the end of those chances. At this point in time, it’s a case of hoping he converts rather than expecting him to convert but he’s certainly gone up a level this season.

Average again today.

The problem he has now is that for every scrappy and tap in he has been collecting, the expectation on him has grown to the point it's unrealistic.

Honestly , still don't rate him. He still hasn't changed my mind despite his better performances under ancelotti. Schniderlin has looked much better under the new manager but I still want shut of him in the summer.

The problem is today in a nutshell. You want your striker to be the one who wins you points as long as you create for them. We created for lewen and he missed when it mattered. That's the difference between an average striker in good form and a good striker. I like the lad, I really do but I don't think he will be consistent or clinical enough.

Put it one way, if today was a game that cost us top 4 in the long run, that's the margins we need to be looking at if we ever want to progress as a team. If you don't create anything and lose then there's your problem. If your striker missing chances and it costs you , then that is a different issue entirely.

...oh definitely, Richarlison has much more quality, he’s truly terrific. DCL, though, is progressing significantly and his physicality and athleticism is actually getting him on the end of those chances. At this point in time, it’s a case of hoping he converts rather than expecting him to convert but he’s certainly gone up a level this season.
Yes, he has. I;d concede that. But he's still not taking up good positions on outfield play when Richarlison, in particular, is looking for him to make a decent run, and he's very wasteful.

Another striker is essential. DCL feels he's undroppable, and he needs to be made aware that if he's so wasteful he gets dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.