2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely don’t think the club will be looking for a striker this window. Probably get another option fort he right win then Walcott can act as cover across the two. Kean wasn’t bought in just to be abandoned after one season. Him Richarlison and DCL will fight it out for the two spots upfront.
If we get rid of Tosun and Niasse I think we'll go for a Giroud type, Tall wins the headers/holds the ball up for some chump money like 5m.

I fully expect United to offer £50m for Ings after this season. Looking at their recent behaviour, he's a typical buy for them

If we get rid of Tosun and Niasse I think we'll go for a Giroud type, Tall wins the headers/holds the ball up for some chump money like 5m.

Yeah I could see a 4th choice experienced option B striker coming into the squad. I don’t know why when we have three promising strikers, two of which are hitting double figures for goals we’d look to spend big money to get someone to block their progress.

"He's crap, Championship standard"

I get why people are still defensive and I understand it looks like a purple patch but I genuinely don't think it is, just giving him a strike partner has changed his game so much. The biggest thing people used to say was he didn't get in positions to score often enough and that has massively improved and why I doubt it's a purple patch.

It's just development and he's at an age now, where he should be showing signs of the player he is to be. He works hard by all accounts and is a top lad with a good attitude. Get behind him, he could potentially save us £100m or thereabouts on a established striker.

Yeah I could see a 4th choice experienced option B striker coming into the squad. I don’t know why when we have three promising strikers, two of which are hitting double figures for goals we’d look to spend big money to get someone to block their progress.

Serhou Guirassy would be ideal

He needs to be at least a 1:3 ratio in terms of goals which he is right now. Can he keep this up not just for this season but for a large part of his career? If so then great if not then we need to be bringing someone in who is.

If he had recently joined us you could say maybe it’s a Jelavic style purple patch but he’s been improving steadily for a while now. I’m confident he’ll keep this level of performance up.

Jelavic was harshly treated. A good striker with excellent positioning and good finishing. If he’d have played for a top Italian side he’d have hit loads. We played to his strengths when he arrived and he scored but after that we seems to move away from feeding him the way he wanted and then when Lukaku arrived he was pushed out.

Jelavic was harshly treated. A good striker with excellent positioning and good finishing. If he’d have played for a top Italian side he’d have hit loads. We played to his strengths when he arrived and he scored but after that we seems to move away from feeding him the way he wanted and then when Lukaku arrived he was pushed out.

Didn’t do very well before or after he played for us to be fair.

Didn’t do very well before or after he played for us to be fair.

He was too slow. In poor teams he looked poor because the service was rubbish. I think if he’d played for a top team in a different league he’d probably have been scoring loads because his penalty box movement and finishing were great.

Status
Not open for further replies.