2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some other clubs are going to throw big money at DCL, if we don’t lock him up with a lucrative deal he gets poached. Then we have to replace him fishing in the open ocean, where we’d be lucky to do better at the same price

plus we’d be bringing in an unproven player for our side when we know he fits

plus he’s homegrown

plus it sends a good message into the youth ranks that if you improve you will be rewarded

no brainer for me.

I've no issue with him, good luck to him but unfortunately as you've put, he's one dodgy turn away from another lengthy spell. I like the guy having known him for a bit at Burnley, good poacher but can you really expect to get a full season out of him? Dont think so. Southampton will be hoping they can for their sake.
Slight misquote there:p, any player not just Ings is a sharp turn away from a cruciate injury.24 Prem games last season and 25 this show it was a decent gamble.Better than most of the Walsh efforts for us.

Slight misquote there:p, any player not just Ings is a sharp turn away from a cruciate injury.24 Prem games last season and 25 this show it was a decent gamble.Better than most of the Walsh efforts for us.

Must have misread, but injury prone players are definitely more likely and vulnerable to it. I like Ings but is he top 6/7 quality? Not really.

Some other clubs are going to throw big money at DCL, if we don’t lock him up with a lucrative deal he gets poached. Then we have to replace him fishing in the open ocean, where we’d be lucky to do better at the same price

plus we’d be bringing in an unproven player for our side when we know he fits

plus he’s homegrown

plus it sends a good message into the youth ranks that if you improve you will be rewarded

no brainer for me.
It’s sound. We can replace him with Danny Ings.

But those 5 years were hit with injury, playing under Sgt Major Dyche & stuck on Liverpools bench.

And even not excusing those 5 years - some players bloom late as I said Drogba was gash in his early twenties - not every case is the same.

Yet here we have DCL genuinely improving season on season as he gets into his 20's and you slate him constantly. It makes no sense if you understand players develop at different times.

Genuinely don’t think the club will be looking for a striker this window. Probably get another option fort he right win then Walcott can act as cover across the two. Kean wasn’t bought in just to be abandoned after one season. Him Richarlison and DCL will fight it out for the two spots upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.