2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't win with some people. Lots of posters on here, me included, saying he is a good player but will never score enough goals at this level.
Well, he has proved us wrong and banged in 10 prem goals already this season, still, according to some, he is not good enough.
I'll hold my hands up, I judged him.too quickly, but, as he has answered his critics and started to get goals, what more can he do.
If we are playing with one up front then it should be Richarlison, but, as part of a two, DCL is fine.

He can't win with some people. Lots of posters on here, me included, saying he is a good player but will never score enough goals at this level.
Well, he has proved us wrong and banged in 10 prem goals already this season, still, according to some, he is not good enough.
I'll hold my hands up, I judged him.too quickly, but, as he has answered his critics and started to get goals, what more can he do.
If we are playing with one up front then it should be Richarlison, but, as part of a two, DCL is fine.
Good to see a rare portion of humble pie being eaten gracefully. its hard but we need to be patient with the youngsters. I was watching traore for wolves a couple of times this season and reflecting how I thought he was Poo when he was younger. Not now!

And he's going to get a good few more before the end of the season.

What?? This is completely different to what you’re saying. You want us to have 4 actual strikers taking turns starting matches.

You seem fixated on the word "striker" and envisage 2 players alongside each other with 2 wingers........

Just think "forward".... then think of all the teams who play 433..... you will find 3 goalscorers.

Ironically Liverpool's supposed central "striker" is the lowest goalscorer......

You seem fixated on the word "striker" and envisage 2 players alongside each other with 2 wingers........

Just think "forward".... then think of all the teams who play 433..... you will find 3 goalscorers.

Ironically Liverpool's supposed central "striker" is the lowest goalscorer......

So what you’re actually saying is you want us to sign a wide forward (preferably who plays on the right) so we can play a proper front 3? That’s fair enough. We definitely don’t need another centre forward at this moment in time.

Someone's probably already said it, but DCL's bad breath reaction to Lascelles may have been the best thing he's ever done in a blues shirt. Show's a great amount of maturity on how to deal with opposition players trying to get a reaction. That alone could make him Southgate's choice for England.

Someone's probably already said it, but DCL's bad breath reaction to Lascelles may have been the best thing he's ever done in a blues shirt. Show's a great amount of maturity on how to deal with opposition players trying to get a reaction. That alone could make him Southgate's choice for England.

Was an absolutely childish thing to do tbh.

Lad needs to concentrate on the match and not get involved in off the ball shenanigans.

Calvert-Lewin is fast becoming a golden boy of English football, wondering if people, particularly those who don't rate him, would sell him for £50m+ if he carries on the same way, Man Utd and others would likely be interested. He is unique with his height, pace and work-rate and lots of clubs would pay big to have him. He is only on £20k a week! If he gets in the England setup and scores some goals it could raise his price further..

Calvert-Lewin is fast becoming a golden boy of English football, wondering if people, particularly those who don't rate him, would sell him for £50m+ if he carries on the same way, Man Utd and others would likely be interested. He is unique with his height, pace and work-rate and lots of clubs would pay big to have him. He is only on £20k a week! If he gets in the England setup and scores some goals it could raise his price further..
So you are advising Carlos to sell on another asset ......DCL is in his plans selling youngsters who you gave a glowing tribute to is not the way to build a team to challenge for anything...
Carlos needs a chainsaw to get rid of the oldies on big salaries, and are slow ......
We have 38 players in our squad.....ATM.....

So you are advising Carlos to sell on another asset ......DCL is in his plans selling youngsters who you gave a glowing tribute to is not the way to build a team to challenge for anything...
Carlos needs a chainsaw to get rid of the oldies on big salaries, and are slow ......
We have 38 players in our squad.....ATM.....

Not advising anything, but decisions like these are made in football by every club and finances matter.

Yes maybe with goal scorers to spare finding one then selling him on is rediculous the way you promoted him in your post we need to get him and Holgate on a contact asap.....

I simply asked a question and I bet there would be a lot on here who would say yes to £50m for the club. I have never been critical of DCL.

He is riding the crest of a wave, confidence is high and he is notching.

I would love to be proven wrong but I dont think he is a natural goal scorer.

If this time next year he has scored another 15 league goals then fantastic. I will hold my hands up.

Status
Not open for further replies.