2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I obviously acknowledge DCL has been a big positive this season.

But, maybe I'm old school or the world has moved on.

I just cant imagine a real winner/team player finishing a post about your own successful stats when you are member of a team that has just put in its 2nd utterly shameful display in a couple of weeks.

Why is this lad getting lashed out of it with middle fingers. Must be something previous I’m unaware off cause that’s a reasonable post to make. Agree or disagree.

Not 100% convinced we do. DCL and Richarlison both on course to get 15 each this season (give or take) which is a pretty decent return and both still have room to improve. Meanwhile, Kean is off the mark and has obvious talent that should be allowed to develop.

But we don't have a regular supply of goals from midfield - neither centrally or in the wide areas - and we've only got one goal from our defenders in the league this season (though I think that figure goes up to four when you factor in the league cup tbf). Oh and we've got a goal difference of -7 so we concede too many.

There are other areas of the squad that need more urgent improvement than up top in my opinion and if you can do that by adding a couple of players who can be relied on to pick up 6 or 7 goals a season in the midfield/ wide areas/ maybe even a defender who gets you a few, then we'll start putting threes and fours past teams.
Can’t agree more.
I think the cost of a striker who would score more than DCL or Richarlison would be enormous.
However, we don’t get nearly enough goals from mid field.Money spent there would really improve us.

@Mrancelotti giving away his previous account Pedro in a moment of gushing over DCL has been the greatest thing to come from Doms little purple patch.

.... just seems that bloke knew his stuff. Along with a few other notables on here... you should be happy to have knowledgeable glfans to learn off

Be honest.. as someone who must know. What was going through Koemans mind when niasse scored those goals??? I mean it must be worse for you cos it is generally accepted that niasse is poor...... DCL is accepted as being good.

Can’t agree more.
I think the cost of a striker who would score more than DCL or Richarlison would be enormous.
However, we don’t get nearly enough goals from mid field.Money spent there would really improve us.

Weird though how Siggy got about 15(?) last season eh.

No they're not, 3 of them play at the same time, one of them is the backup centre forward and the other is a backup winger. So they have a single starting centre forward and a backup centre forward.
How does Sarah end up central so often then with Firminho out wide and vice versa when you throw mane into the mix..... are you saying Liverpool play with no strikers?

Weird though how Siggy got about 15(?) last season eh.
13 where some of those were penalties, and given his average position on the pitch was the furthest forward, he played as one of the strikers, not a midfielder. Siggurdson is a not a midfielder and his stats should not be treated as such.

13 where some of those were penalties, and given his average position on the pitch was the furthest forward, he played as one of the strikers, not a midfielder. Siggurdson is a not a midfielder and his stats should not be treated as such.

Ok. He's a midfielder cos he certainly isn't a Striker. Point was we had goals in abundance from midfield last season.

Ok. He's a midfielder cos he certainly isn't a Striker. Point was we had goals in abundance from midfield last season.
His average position in most of his games was further forward than the lone striker. He is not a midfielder. Once we take away siggy’s goals, we didn’t have an abundance.

Attachments

• EC9F4ECB-6A07-43B8-8FCA-44576B632897.png
    EC9F4ECB-6A07-43B8-8FCA-44576B632897.png
    63 KB · Views: 69
  • 208FD1C7-38F8-4E71-91F3-35CFD53516EA.png
    208FD1C7-38F8-4E71-91F3-35CFD53516EA.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 9F54AD62-B293-45D0-8CE8-83759133491E.png
    9F54AD62-B293-45D0-8CE8-83759133491E.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 67
  • DAF2083B-DFF4-4E79-9E68-C083D49F7C6A.png
    DAF2083B-DFF4-4E79-9E68-C083D49F7C6A.png