2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku is a good player, but not a great player.
At Everton , the team was built around him and he scored goals but also missed lots of chances and some important ones.

At Utd, the team was not built around him and whereas he did alright, but not better than that.

In Italy he certainly is doing well and I have not been interested enough to look and see how the team is set up around him.

In summary, I would not want him back, not because he isn't a good player but is a player that needs a team built to set up chances for him limiting the opportunities for others and that is a limiting factor for the team.
The top teams generally have a number of players contributing goals rather than one scorer in chief.

the top teams do have more than 1 player contributing your right, that's because they are the top teams and they can attract the top players for top money on top wages, we aren't a "top team" ( yet )

every striker in the world misses chances pal

at utd, he was alrite as you said but united in general were on a massive downward spiral last season minus that dozen games when ole took charge so hard to really judge based on that ( he done well in his first season though )

don't think there is anything wrong with setting your team up to feed your biggest goal threat tbf, Madrid done it with Ronaldo, barca do it with messi, leciester do it with vardy etc etc

He has scored against all the big teams??? Lol.... so did John Terry does that make him prolific?

The fact is lukaku scored a goal against the top 6

He scored 15 goals in near 60 matches vs top 6 for us.

For man United vs top 6..... 1 goal

no arguing with stupid is there

i'll leave you to it feller

the top teams do have more than 1 player contributing your right, that's because they are the top teams and they can attract the top players for top money on top wages, we aren't a "top team" ( yet )

every striker in the world misses chances pal

at utd, he was alrite as you said but united in general were on a massive downward spiral last season minus that dozen games when ole took charge so hard to really judge based on that ( he done well in his first season though )

don't think there is anything wrong with setting your team up to feed your biggest goal threat tbf, Madrid done it with Ronaldo, barca do it with messi, leciester do it with vardy etc etc
Barcelona are hardly a good example, they have Suarez playing up front with Messi and a season or two ago had Neymar as well. Real Madrid also had excellent players alongside Ronaldo who scored goals, Benzema and Bale to name just two.

Utd sold him at a loss which I think says a lot about his time there overall.

Leicester have done very well, but I think their over reliance on Vardy is catching up with them now, I am not at all sure they will finish top four after an absolutely brilliant start.

The top teams have a threat coming from all over the pitch rather than just one player , I think that is where we are hoping to go in the future... at least I hope so.

DOM CAL LEW,
WHEN THE CROWD SAYS SHOOT
HE NETS ONE

DOM CA-CA-CA-CA-CAL LEW
HE NETS ONE-ONE

DOM CAL LEW,
HE NETS ONE

DOM CA-CA-CA-CA-CAL LEW
HE NET ONE-ONE-ONE...

To the tune of Craig David, Re-wind

I need to go take a shower after reading that and trying to fit the melody to the syllables of what that atrocious lyrics were.

We need to get this lad a chant

He already has one mate.

It's dead simple, but there's probably stuff on YouTube with it on from St James Park the other week

DOM CAL LEW,
HE NETS ONE

DOM CA-CA-CA-CA-CAL LEW
HE NETS ONE-ONE

DOM CAL LEW,
HE NETS ONE

DOM CA-CA-CA-CA-CAL LEW
HE NET ONE-ONE-ONE...

To the tune of Craig David, Re-wind

THzUmSo.gif

It's taken a long time, a period which has been sporadically infuriating but the lad is absolutely getting there isn't he?

I had my doubts but it's a big lesson to us all that having patience with these younger players is imperative. We were told by Koeman, Silva and Carlo that we have a really good player on our hands.

Instead of going out and spending big money on a replacement, seems the patience has afforded us a striker who will get probably 15 goals this season.

Fair play Dom - still lots to do but he's clearly a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.