2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet somehow a younger Lukaku managed to score lots of goals in an even worse team ???
Yes but we have not replace Lukaku - keen is a very good prospect for me either one should pair up with the other in the last 20 minutes if we need a goal or two......
Walcott sub was poor imo.......Richarlaton had a poor game, Keene could have come on then......
we seemed scared to play 442?

Yes but we have not replace Lukaku - keen is a very good prospect for me either one should pair up with the other in the last 20 minutes if we need a goal or two......
Walcott sub was poor imo.......Richarlaton had a poor game, Keene could have come on then......
we seemed scared to play 442?

Excuses, excuses Joey

Richarlaton had a far worse game than DCL......
Why because he didn't score the goals for Dom?

He missed some chances but unlike some he actually gets himself in the positions to have a go at goal.

Maybe if we had a striker who could score we wouldn't need to rely so much on Richarlison for goals.

Disclaimer: Richarlison was badly crap last week, but it still amuses me to see people slate him after two games without scoring while DCL can go a quarter of the season without a goal and some people don't see a problem with that.

Why because he didn't score the goals for Dom?

He missed some chances but unlike some he actually gets himself in the positions to have a go at goal.

Maybe if we had a striker who could score we wouldn't need to rely so much on Richarlison for goals.

Disclaimer: Richarlison was badly crap last week, but it still amuses me to see people slate him after two games without scoring while DCL can go a quarter of the season without a goal and some people don't see a problem with that.
It early season we have 4 points not conceded a goal - one player gets singled out - I would like to see us having more fire power - time will tell, but blaming a player who never got an opportunity to score - i do agree its missing from his game , but he was stuck out on the wing for a good while last season - I agree he needs to start scoring but we need more creativity , and better crosses imo as we create very little even as in pre season games......

How many points did it take? Totally different landscape now that the comparison is almost worthless. You’re talking about an era where Bolton and Middlesbrough we’re finishing in the top 6 at times on about 50-60 points. If you want top 4 now you basically need to get a minimum of 75 points. Which means winning a lot of games and scoring a good amount of goals.
20 1-0 WINS
10 0-0 draws
5 1-1 draws
3 2-0 DEFEATS
That's 75 points and only scoring 25 goals
10 clean sheets in 13 games equates to 30 over a full season

It early season we have 4 points not conceded a goal - one player gets singled out - I would like to see us having more fire power - time will tell, but blaming a player who never got an opportunity to score - i do agree its missing from his game , but he was stuck out on the wing for a good while last season - I agree he needs to start scoring but we need more creativity , and better crosses imo as we create very little even as in pre season games......
If DCL played defence or in goal then I would give him every credit for our clean sheets. He's a striker though and strikers are judged on goals scored not conceded Joey.

He gets singled out because he's a striker that hasn't scored for an age. It's nothing personal against the lad. Tosun, Niasse and Sandro all got pelters for being crap and so he's rightfully getting his.

Time will tell? How much more time? He's been here 3 years. We have a younger lad playing on the wing outscoring him in his second year in English football.

DCL did not play any games on the wing that I can remember.

We need to create more? Silva disagrees with you there.

“We create enough chances to win a football match". That's a quote from his presser either today or last week.

It's just non-stop excuses for this lad.

Any striker that doesn't score for 10 games is a crap striker out of their level. It's fairly simple.

I have no doubt that I will be ridiculed by some after this comment but for my money I would persevere with DCL provided that we used the massive experience of Walcott alongside him as a dual strike force
You are bang on the money there
You will be ridiculed for that.
i can see where you are coming from though in that a fast pacy striker to feed off DCL 's knockdowns and hold up play could work.
Only problem is Walcott is a poor finisher as well

Status
Not open for further replies.