2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's the problem though isn't it, we have 4 strikers, niasse and tosun are rubbish and DCL doesn't score

we should have bought in a decent experienced back up to kean in my opinion, even someone like llorente in a free would have been a better option that the others we have
Llorente would want £100k+ a week, and has scored a grand total of 2 league goals in the last 2 seasons. He's only got double figures twice in the last 7 years. He's no more a goalscorer than Calvert Lewin, and certainly less than Tosun. He's a good player, but so are they. You're talking about a goalscorer, and he's not one.

We finished 4th with Marcus Bent up top.

How many points did it take? Totally different landscape now that the comparison is almost worthless. You’re talking about an era where Bolton and Middlesbrough we’re finishing in the top 6 at times on about 50-60 points. If you want top 4 now you basically need to get a minimum of 75 points. Which means winning a lot of games and scoring a good amount of goals.

Its not the lads fault,I mean hes getting asked to play that position and hes not going to say "thanks boss,but Im not good enough", so its the club/managers fault we have him there,if he was playing for the lokes of Huddersfield,Brighton,Norwich and we had put a bid in for him during the window the vast majority would be questioning why

So I can’t say sandro , niasse and even ex players like Brett angel are crap because it’s not their fault they’re playing?

Llorente would want £100k+ a week, and has scored a grand total of 2 league goals in the last 2 seasons. He's only got double figures twice in the last 7 years. He's no more a goalscorer than Calvert Lewin, and certainly less than Tosun.

he started abar 3 league games that's why, he was a handful for them towards the end of the last season when kane was injured

not saying we should have gotten him either btw, just saying a more experienced backup option could have been looked into given how poor the rest of our strikers are ( and they have ALL had chances )

Good job he’s not our first choice striker now then eh?

No argument from me. My point was a reply to some people in this thread who genuinely think, to paraphrase, that “being a handful” is worthy of praise. That’s Burnley stuff right there.

I’m all in on Kean.

So I can’t say sandro , niasse and even ex players like Brett angel are crap because it’s not their fault they’re playing?
Of course you can,what Im saying is he is not very good,but its not his fault he's given the strikers role,what do you want him to say "thanks but no thanks"

I've tried this mate. People seem to struggle to understand the concept that there is more to a centre forwards game than goals, and that Calvert Lewin offers a lot more to his game aside from goals than Tosun/Niasse do.

I completely understand people are concerned by the lack of goals. However the failure to acknowledge the performances at the back end of last season which were a central part of a number of important wins surprises me. People have short memories and fixed opinions.

Calvert Lewin would be a handful to play against. Tosun and Niasse much less so. The problem is, in a lot of cases players become better in the minds of fans when they are out of the team.

...in my opinion he’s the best option we’ve had but I would hope that has changed now that Kean has arrived.

I’ve liked DCL since I first saw him play for the U23s and I continually support him on here, but there was a stark contrast in one of the summer U21 international games when the Romanian CF (I think it was Romania) went to war with the England CBs, scored the key goal and jumped into the crowd. That young man made the difference in the game, he ensured his country went through instead of England. DCL has to start similarly impacting games for Everton.

He has all the physical ammunition, he can be unplayable in the air, he needs to exploit that capability.

Of course you can,what Im saying is he is not very good,but its not his fault he's given the strikers role,what do you want him to say "thanks but no thanks"

But some people use it to defend him, saying it’s jot his fault. It’s bot my fault I’m not good enough and if given the opportunity I would play up top for us. The fact remains I would still be gash regardless and that’s the be all and end all at the end of the day. I like him as a player is regards to his attitude , commitment, effort and seems very dedicated to try and be the best he can and he genuinely looks like he knows he is living the dream of millions of people by playing football for a living , his off field interaction with fans etc you can see he loves it and like Coleman is world class off the pitch and doing those things. I just don’t rate him as a player and I think a lot of my frustration that comes out on here is because some people on here like to try and say I have an agenda etc and then compare him to Kane etc when the reality is I don’t ever see him being good enough. Off the field he’s the perfect pro but on it he’s a low level prem striker or championship forward me that’s the only level he will achieve imo

But some people use it to defend him, saying it’s jot his fault. It’s bot my fault I’m not good enough and if given the opportunity I would play up top for us. The fact remains I would still be gash regardless and that’s the be all and end all at the end of the day. I like him as a player is regards to his attitude , commitment, effort and seems very dedicated to try and be the best he can and he genuinely looks like he knows he is living the dream of millions of people by playing football for a living , his off field interaction with fans etc you can see he loves it and like Coleman is world class off the pitch and doing those things. I just don’t rate him as a player and I think a lot of my frustration that comes out on here is because some people on here like to try and say I have an agenda etc and then compare him to Kane etc when the reality is I don’t ever see him being good enough. Off the field he’s the perfect pro but on it he’s a low level prem striker or championship forward me that’s the only level he will achieve imo
I agree with you Tel,calm down,I have said in previous posts if his main strength is a willingness to run,then he can be replaced by a kid and we could pay half of his wages,what I am saying is the club/manager/previous managers have put him in there,hes not going to turn it down,so even though hes not up to the job,hes not the one responsible

I agree with you Tel,calm down,I have said in previous posts if his main strength is a willingness to run,then he can be replaced by a kid and we could pay half of his wages,what I am saying is the club/manager/previous managers have put him in there,hes not going to turn it down,so even though hes not up to the job,hes not the one responsible

I am calm :)

No one can argue his all round game has improved considerably in the last 12 months. But he is not a natural finisher, he’s not the 15-20 goals a season striker we crave.

Status
Not open for further replies.