2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m fairly sure that if he switched his surnames to Dominic Lewin-Calvert he’d perform much, much better for us

I don't care what anyone says, for some reason I really want this guy to succeed. DCL is likeable and works hard and I just wish he would score a few to get that pressure of his back, and to get some confidence. I really hope as fans we are more patient than this, and give him some more time. Not everyone matures and makes it at 22, 23, even 25, and maybe he's just a late developer. IT's ok! We need more young players coming through our ranks and we need to be a club that doesn't only buy their way to success. We can't afford it. We know this lad is into social media , we know many players are, and i think we're ok giving unconditional support - it's not gonna spoil them or make them play badly? If we just support our players without question, the manager and DoF can decide whether they're good enough!

What a great idea ... let’s keep him until he’s 25 to see if he can score. Meanwhile we struggle for goals and finish 7th at best while our other decent players leave because we are just another prem team with no realistic chance of doing anything of note

It’s about the running stats, heat maps and zone 14 ( no idea either )

That’s all that counts.

He has the best resting heart rate and also the highest maximum heart rate in zone 14 in the league mate, coupled with his heat map in zones 2,7,18 and 19 mean he’s potentially the next Romario and we should keep him until he’s 28 so he can fulfill his potential

Although sort of depends how many goals they're scoring. A striker that just scores 20+ goals a season is still pretty handy

Not suggesting it would. And hopefully we have found the solution.

However, whoever its going to be, this 20 goal machine. It can't be at the expense of Siggy or Richarlson goal returns. Their goal returns will need to be at least the same.

All that's been demonstrated in those who just detract about Lewin, most likely have only played football that requires no coaching...

Kean is going to start soon enough and DCL will have a role to play. If he can keep adding to his game, great. But he is a good defensive player and does get his head on a lot of balls in the air. His hold up play looks a bit improved, but his passing and finishing do leave a lot to be desired.

Kean is going to start soon enough and DCL will have a role to play. If he can keep adding to his game, great. But he is a good defensive player and does get his head on a lot of balls in the air. His hold up play looks a bit improved, but his passing and finishing do leave a lot to be desired.
There is probably a position he could switch to, which he would be much better at. But his poor scoring record and the amount of appearances he has had to take his chance, has left me just wanting us to get rid.

Clock is ticking , Dominic ......running out of starts if he doesnt start slotting !
As soon as Kean is ready, DCL is a bench warmer. How many chances has he had, with not much return, TBH he’s been extremely lucky to play for a top team who have no decent strikers, that gave him a great chance which I feel he has fail in.

There is probably a position he could switch to, which he would be much better at. But his poor scoring record and the amount of appearances he has had to take his chance, has left me just wanting us to get rid.
I’d don’t see DCL playing anywhere else. His skills aren’t good enough. But it’s not rare for someone like him to mature later. Silva wants three strikers that provide different things. He has that. Are they good enough? Maybe not. I think Kean is, but he’s still apparently not quite ready. Don’t think it will be long, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.