2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him and he puts a lot of effort in but there is just no getting away from the reality that he isn't good enough to be playing in the premier league as any teams main striker, never mind ours. He has a worse record than Tosun as unbelievable as that might seem and Tosun isn't anywhere near good enough either. Got to be benched and Kean take over as soon as possible.

DCL

Premier League appearances = 80
Goals = 11
Goals per match = 0.14
Shooting Accuracy = 33%

Tosun

Premier League appearances = 39
Goals = 8
Goals per match = 0.21
Shooting Accuracy = 45%
Both absolutely shocking.

League oners

Get rid at any cost

This lad would struggle to get double figures in the championship, he just simply doesnt have any striker instincts.

Yep...

Thankfully Kean does, and nearly had 2 today in 20 mins... DCL didn't get a sniff, because he doesn't get into the right positions...

Reactions: JLW

Yep...

Thankfully Kean does, and nearly had 2 today in 20 mins... DCL didn't get a sniff, because he doesn't get into the right positions...
He would rather be trying to out muscle defenders than be smart and get away from them. I suppose having 'Big Dunc' as your mentor what do we expect?

Thought he was just classic DCL. Works extremely hard and does all the little things really well but ultimately doesn't ever seem to be in the right positions and never looks like scoring.

I just don't think he's quite cut out for this level. Top end of the Championship or a lesser league like Erevidise or Bundesliga he'd probably excel. Would keep him until next summer then probably look at moving him on.

Would make a decent winger imo. Bags of quality, desire and pace, not many goals. Still want to see him next to Kean as a front 2 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.