2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naismith offered more of a threat in the box
I like DCL, he has youth in his side but I don’t see him being a striker getting 15/20 goals a season. He’s a link up man winning free kicks and causing issues for defenders, you could see the difference in capabilities between DCL & Kean in each of the 45mins.

They are a world apart.

I like DCL, he has youth in his side but I don’t see him being a striker getting 15/20 goals a season. He’s a link up man winning free kicks and causing issues for defenders, you could see the difference in capabilities between DCL & Kean in each of the 45mins.

They are a world apart.
Dominic Calvert Lewin will at best be our Emile Heskey.

Useless, it’s embarrassing that he is our number 9 given what’s come before him.
Anyone still waiving the DCL flag needs to give their head a serious wobble he’s completely useless and would struggle to score in the championship.
Please do not attempt to defend him
He’s cack

Should be given the whole season no matter his form

Gunna be Englands most capped baller

Trust

I like him and he puts a lot of effort in but there is just no getting away from the reality that he isn't good enough to be playing in the premier league as any teams main striker, never mind ours. He has a worse record than Tosun as unbelievable as that might seem and Tosun isn't anywhere near good enough either. Got to be benched and Kean take over as soon as possible.

DCL

Premier League appearances = 80
Goals = 11
Goals per match = 0.14
Shooting Accuracy = 33%

Tosun

Premier League appearances = 39
Goals = 8
Goals per match = 0.21
Shooting Accuracy = 45%

They are a world apart.
I would say he will be better coming of the bench (or staying on it to be honest) if we are drawing or getting beat to cause a bit of carnage when the opposition is tired.

I think there was a moment when Bernard broke free to try and square a ball and Richarlison made the proper run of a striker ( darted over 10 yards at pace and got in front of his man to attack the near post) and DCL just continued a basic run in a straight line.

That's the difference at this level, you have to make runs, offer yourself, take chances to ensure you might get the ball.

Within 2 minutes of being on Kean was pointing to Bernard to play a through ball. He never but the point is, Kean was thinking like a striker, he wanted a chance and backed himself. I don't think DCL backs himself enough.

Needs to slot one asap which will deffo help

I think there was a moment when Bernard broke free to try and square a ball and Richarlison made the proper run of a striker ( darted over 10 yards at pace and got in front of his man to attack the near post) and DCL just continued a basic run in a straight line.

That's the difference at this level, you have to make runs, offer yourself, take chances to ensure you might get the ball.

Within 2 minutes of being on Kean was pointing to Bernard to play a through ball. He never but the point is, Kean was thinking like a striker, he wanted a chance and backed himself. I don't think DCL backs himself enough.

Needs to slot one asap which will deffo help
Bless his cove try socks

Status
Not open for further replies.