2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad worked work his Arse off today never gave anything up and deserves a bit of credit . Ok I get he's not top draw but ya talking a load Barry White have a day off from yourself

I can’t see how he works hard, sorry running away from the penalty area is actually statistic padding.

A striker who’s a man of action won’t hide and will score more than 10 goals a season. He’s not good enough to do that. So he hides behind running stats.

The lad worked work his Arse off today never gave anything up and deserves a bit of credit . Ok I get he's not top draw but ya talking a load Barry White have a day off from yourself

If he's not top drawer, he shouldn't be anywhere near our first team. Lad is trying, but nowhere near good enough.

I can’t see how he works hard, sorry running away from the penalty area is actually statistic padding.

A striker who’s a man of action won’t hide and will score more than 10 goals a season. He’s not good enough to do that. So he hides behind running stats.
We want to win things and with DCL as are main man that's not gonna happen so yes he's not good enough to be our num 9 but let's cut the lad bit of slack he grafted today and one thing he's not is lazy in my eyes a a lazy striker was Louie Saha for us a few years back but a better goal scorer than DCL so a hard working goal scoring striker is ideal but hard and expensive to find?

We want to win things and with DCL as are main man that's not gonna happen so yes he's not good enough to be our num 9 but let's cut the lad bit of slack he grafted today and one thing he's not is lazy in my eyes a a lazy striker was Louie Saha for us a few years back but a better goal scorer than DCL so a hard working goal scoring striker is ideal but hard and expensive to find?

I’m sorry, if you’re content with the way things are at the moment, then you won’t agree with me.

But as soon as we get Walcott Lewin Davies Holgate Tosun etc. out, the sooner we can stop drifting and become a serious force.

I’m sorry, if you’re content with the way things are at the moment, then you won’t agree with me.

But as soon as we get Walcott Lewin Davies Holgate Tosun etc. out, the sooner we can stop drifting and become a serious force.
No no far from content I want us winning things again like us all and the sooner all of them from your list are away from the team the better for us all .Am desparate for my little ones to see the susscesful teams I did at there age . I suppose it's just you think DCL is lazy and I don't each to there own;)

Didn’t do enough for me. Needs to work harder and create chances

To be fair he lacked chances created by our weak attack as per but none the less he needs to start creating his own opportunities. No excuse as kean seemed to make his own at the end

I like the lad, he works hard and clearly tries his best. I’ve seen his development, the improvement in his hold up play, the willingness to work the channels and the ability to win a high ball. All said and done, Everton, this year and possibly the next will be the pinnacle of his career. No other Club bigger than us is ever buying him, he doesn’t have the attributes of an elite striker at this level to make regular match winning contributions, he has been given enough pitch time in the Premiership - more than many other young English strikers at other clubs - to say he has what it takes to deliver. For all his endeavour and honesty, he just isn’t good enough and the improvement he has shown isn’t enough to convince me he has enough to lead our line for the next two or three years.

We’ll persevere with DCL throughout the season, he’ll have his good moments and his supporters - I can’t deny the lad has admirable qualities - I just don’t think that he has enough to cut it at this level on a regular match defining basis. I hope he proves me wrong, but as I say, this is, in my opinion, the pinnacle of his career. He’ll make a career in the game and retire a millionaire, but these next few months Will define if it’s at L4 or in D1.. If he delivers for us, I’ll be made up, if he doesn’t, somebody else will be bought to take his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.