2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus against Real Madrid:
“By the end of the match Jesus had racked up four shots at goal, two headers, three dribbles and 42 touches”
Our fans “missed three chances”
And our fans are right. You don't win anything with stats other than goals scored being higher than those conceded in each game.

Nice 1. I was just about to post something very similar. it was the same last night with champions league strikers missing chances that had it been Dom some on here would still be talkin about 3months from now.
There have been times when I thought he would not make it. He is developing into an extremely good player and his scoring rate is improving all of the time. Strikers do miss chances, he is now usually in a position to get them and score his share. I think we have finally got the striker we have needed, and one that has more about his game than the last arrogant, disruptive, it is all about me goalscorer we had.

He's been sensational lately, but the usual suspects have made their minds up about him, and it won't change.

I thought he needed a loan out in the summer and probably wouldn't make it at this level, probably would settle lower half Premier League standard.

I was wrong.

See, not hard.

DCL totally should have gone on loan, look at what it did for holgate. However we are where we are. Deffo give the kid another season but i think he's gotta get super ruthless to kick on, I'd love him to turn into a total Costa style player!

Yeh, but say he was on loan at Barnsley last year, do you think he'd be on better numbers this year because of that?
Well i guess theres quite a few factors in it but i would hope it got him scoring more. Anyway i guess that windows gone so lets see where this kid goes.

Well he hasnt got a high bar to set against has he? Last season was the time but would involved prob another duff striker signing meh!

He’s getting good numbers compared to all the other strikers in the league though, including people like Danny Ings who everyone is pulling themselves off over, and absolutely wiping the floor with players like Sebastian Haller who everyone was fuming we didn’t try and sign last season.

Perhaps DCL was held back scoring more because of Silva. The huge difference, progress has been because of the current set up which suits his style of play. Reckon he would have been on 15/16 by now at least had the change been made earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.