2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s got potential no doubt and I hope he comes through. Working with Ancelotti can only help him. However, If we’re genuine about competing for trophies in the shortish term, we need a 20+ goal a season striker. Easier said than done though.

He’s got potential no doubt and I hope he comes through. Working with Ancelotti can only help him. However, If we’re genuine about competing for trophies in the shortish term, we need a 20+ goal a season striker. Easier said than done though.
Show them the money.

Carlo's quickly as possible statement makes me think he would rather bed new players in from January onwards rather than the start of next season.

Let's hope anyway

I think people need to get off DCL back and recognise he's a good player. Whose development has been hampered by poor supply and lack of support in attack. He's showing improvements in accordance to his developmental trajectory and now banging in goals. I can't remember too many youngster giving a tough time for top defenders in the premiership. I mean the likes of Kompany and Van Dyjk all had to battle against him.
He’s doing a lot better than solanke

He will benefit from playing with two up front. It will give him much more freedom.
im sure he will push on in that system.
I always liked 442, it has a nice balance, and Carlo will give us variations and subtleties on the theme.
I can only see him improving.

I just can't see it. DCL may have gotten lucky when he flung himself at the cross and his header sneaked in off the post (and I know he had gotten himself in he correct position to do so in the first place) but his general play is just not good enough. There were a 2 or 3 chances to hit Burnley on the break, when they were temporarily not in their defensive formation. On each occasion DCL's poor control scuppered the opportunity. Although he wins a few headers in the middle of the park (ie-in non threatening positions) he rarely finds a team mate with these headers. He doesn't create goal scoring opportunities for himself or others and the chances others create for him he tends to head tamely over the bar or hit tamely at the keeper. He's 22. If he was going to be any good he would be by now. Watch him during the game. His positive contributions are few and far between.

lord have mercy

Status
Not open for further replies.