2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are more clinical

Are they? Tosun has played loads and barely scored, Kean (who I think will be good) has done nothing thus far.

And again, being clinical with no chances still results in no goals. Being a striker in this side would be awful. The way we set up now we would need a striker capable of creating his own chance more than one who puts away non existent chances. Kean may be able to do that but he is still only a kid.

That’s the point. The chances we do create we need to finish. DCL needs a few before he does. Take the Villa one I think it was for example. Put to him across the box with the whole goal to aim at and he hits it right at the player. We go on to lose. He was played through at City and doesn’t finish it either.

That Villa chance is massively exaggerated. It was a decent chance but its not like he missed from a yard out either.

I just think a lot of people are missing a bigger issue. Of course we can improve on DCL but we really need to sort out the lack of creativity and the abysmal decision making and movement throughout the side.

That Villa chance is massively exaggerated. It was a decent chance but its not like he missed from a yard out either.

I just think a lot of people are missing a bigger issue. Of course we can improve on DCL but we really need to sort out the lack of creativity and the abysmal decision making and movement throughout the side.

A bit similar to DCL miss at the weekend.

He didn’t do much wrong IMO, he was just stopped by outstanding goal keeping from Ederson and I’m really not exaggerating there, it was brilliant.

Obviously the miss means DCL is a dreadful finisher in the eyes of those who don’t like him despite the fact that De Bruyne missed mirror image of his chance and Sterling missed an even easier one in the same game.

A bit similar to DCL miss at the weekend.

He didn’t do much wrong IMO, he was just stopped by outstanding goal keeping from Ederson and I’m really not exaggerating there, it was brilliant.

Obviously the miss means DCL is a dreadful finisher in the eyes of those who don’t like him despite the fact that De Bruyne missed mirror image of his chance and Sterling missed an even easier one in the same game.
the open goal rebound miss from the mina header was worse

Lol.

Revisionism at its finest.

However you dress it up, it was a sitter.

Ffs why are people like you and Nymzee blatantly denying the truth? Pep says Foden is the “most talented player” he’s ever worked with, meaning Foden is more talented than the likes of Messi/Iniesta etc. and anyone with a brain can figure out that it’s nonsense or a massive exaggeration
If you saw the interview he was basically saying the equivalent of Harry redknapp calling people a top top player. He was saying he had the ingredients to be up their most talented. English is his second language so you need to look at the context

Has Pep suggested DCL is a world class player in an underhanded way?

I take Pep's views over GOT couch potato pundits any day!

Your right , I fully expect him to bid for domestos in January , with KDB feeding him crosses he will hit 20 goals between jan and the end of the season and basically secure the title for them . Should report him for tapping up thinking about it

Lets all just hope he keeps up the goals. I mean everyone wants that for him surely? We are stuck with what we have got so we best pray DCL can keep scoring. I think if he can hit 10 it will show a good improvement but I would say that is a minimum this season.

I think he’ll surprise a few and comfortably get 10.

Lol.

Revisionism at its finest.

However you dress it up, it was a sitter.
Minas was a sitter..... DCL was not near the ball when it came off the keeper as the keeper pushed it sideways............. his chip over the goalkeeper was difficult as the keeper was out quick..... Keen never scored again........ but I thought he played well......

You're right , I fully expect him to bid for domestos in January , with KDB feeding him crosses he will hit 20 goals between jan and the end of the season and basically secure the title for them . Should report him for tapping up thinking about it

Probably take DCL9 five games to hit 20 goals according to some of our distinguished knee jerk fans who think he should be scoring at least four goals a game.

On a serious, Pep has turned Sterling into a lethal goalscorer after it was one of his major weaknesses.

the open goal rebound miss from the mina header was worse
are people considering that chance a sitter? Looked to me like he couldn't get it in time because it happened so fast. Only seen it when it happened though but I didn't think too much about it when it happened.
The Villa one was diabolical I don't know how you can dress that up it looks awful from every angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.