2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, its always possible. All he has to do this season is score almost as many goals as he has in the entire past 3 seasons combined.

Pessimism aside, i do actually hope that he does.
so do I, I've ragged on him myself a few times specially that god damn Villa miss but I'm all up for being proven wrong.

If we played Kean or Tosun up front with the amount of minutes DCL has had they would probably have scored more. So the answer is no he hasn’t earned it and didn’t last season either.

Why would we have scored more? We would not be setting up any differently so whoever the striker was would not be any less isolated.

Much improved recently from our first choice striker after a poor start to the season from him.

4 goals in 6 starts this season now....hopefully can keep the improvement up.

We don't create many chances though so it wont really make a difference.

That’s the point. The chances we do create we need to finish. DCL needs a few before he does. Take the Villa one I think it was for example. Put to him across the box with the whole goal to aim at and he hits it right at the player. We go on to lose. He was played through at City and doesn’t finish it either.

Much improved recently from our first choice striker after a poor start to the season from him.

4 goals in 6 starts this season now....hopefully can keep the improvement up.
4 in 6 is actually ok. Perhaps the problem is service to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.