2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you seriously saying there was no improvement in DCL last season...!

Even I will admit he did improve last season and had an impact in games , the one thing , the most important thing tho is his finishing and it’s badly gash. He doesn’t get in good positions in the box either and is indecisive it’s not just shooting he needs to improve massively to get goals there are other factors

He got six (8 in all comps) in limited duty with Silva playing mix and match all season to find his best attacking unit.

Not unreasonable to think he could bag 12-14 with a settled run as the 9, and the other pieces around him, and then you’re looking at a valuable player and a dangerous attack.

If he plays the games required to bag 12 - 14 goals the. We are in for a long two seasons

Even I will admit he did improve last season and had an impact in games , the one thing , the most important thing tho is his finishing and it’s badly gash. He doesn’t get in good positions in the box either and is indecisive it’s not just shooting he needs to improve massively to get goals there are other factors

Take your points & we do need to sign a top finisher next season, however DCL can learn & continue to improve his skills & will mature into a top striker himself....

His finishing needs to improve agreed, but confidence is a huge thing & once he gets a few goals under his belt he will flourish & the goals will flow....

He will get better & in my honest opinion I think we have a real talent in DCL....

Take your points & we do need to sign a top finisher next season, however DCL can learn & continue to improve his skills & will mature into a top striker himself....

His finishing needs to improve agreed, but confidence is a huge thing & once he gets a few goals under his belt he will flourish & the goals will flow....

He will get better & in my honest opinion I think we have a real talent in DCL....

This totally negates what you said about DCL improving his stats next season for me though.

If, and we bloody better, sign a decent striker this summer DCL will not get the chances in the team he got this season.

This totally negates what you said about DCL improving his stats next season for me though.

If, and we bloody better, sign a decent striker this summer DCL will not get the chances in the team he got this season.

That is true, however he can still improve & continue to play a role in the squad...

There will be plenty of opportunities for him to contribute in games & play his part scoring goals along the way & improving & learning all the time....

I think we all agree that DCL is not the finished article & we need to get a top striker up front to support Richarlison & Sigurdsson.....

That is true, however he can still improve & continue to play a role in the squad...

There will be plenty of opportunities for him to contribute in games & play his part scoring goals along the way & improving & learning all the time....

I think we all agree that DCL is not the finished article & we need to get a top striker up front to support Richarlison & Sigurdsson.....

You could say all this for every young player ever like.

And I like DCL. But I have serious concerns about his instinct as a striker. I just don’t think he has it. Yet. But there’s a chance he never will.

You could say all this for every young player ever like.

And I like DCL. But I have serious concerns about his instinct as a striker. I just don’t think he has it. Yet. But there’s a chance he never will.

DCL has great attributes speed,aerial supremacy & good hold up play...

He has proven he can score all types of goals although needs to show a meaner streak in taking his chances...

Watching him last season was encouraging with his improvement on all aspects of the game he can only improve in my opinion...

He looked determined to score in every game & looked disappointed when he failed & although it didn't come off for him it's only a matter of time before it happens for him...

DCL has great attributes speed,aerial supremacy & good hold up play...

He has proven he can score all types of goals although needs to show a meaner streak in taking his chances...

Watching him last season was encouraging with his improvement on all aspects of the game he can only improve in my opinion...

He looked determined to score in every game & looked disappointed when he failed & although it didn't come off for him it's only a matter of time before it happens for him...

I admire your optimism but think you’re lacking a tiny bit of realism.

Status
Not open for further replies.