2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ffs do you act daft on purpose???

Why are these "world class" wingers scoring goals????? And when Sturridge plays vs firminho they don't score....

Is it registering yet?

Because they’re world class wingers mate that’s why. Yoi can have a target man that never scores if you have 20 goals a season coming from the flanks. We can not afford or attract these players but we could attract a natural goal scorer couldn’t we? If you don’t think strikers should be scoring goals then there really is no point in trying to persuade you. Why do you think they cost so much money to buy?

Because they’re world class wingers mate that’s why. Yoi can have a target man that never scores if you have 20 goals a season coming from the flanks. We can not afford or attract these players but we could attract a natural goal scorer couldn’t we? If you don’t think strikers should be scoring goals then there really is no point in trying to persuade you. Why do you think they cost so much money to buy?

Again.... I will ask.....

These world class wingers don't score when Sturridge plays but they do when Firmino plays explain that.......

Again.... I will ask.....

These world class wingers don't score when Sturridge plays but they do when Firmino plays explain that.......

I don’t watch enough RS games tbh and I was under the impression. That sturridge has been broken for the last two seasons. Also firmino is nothing like.DCL as a player, he’s very creative and good with the ball and a very clever player, DCL is a work horse.

Age is a factor that so many on here seem to be overlooking, he's is 22! The only players close to his age with a better goal return are Rashford, Martial, Sane and err Richarlison.

Players who are 24/25 or older cannot really be compared (also means Richarlison is incredibley good for his age)

I don’t watch enough RS games tbh and I was under the impression. That sturridge has been broken for the last two seasons. Also firmino is nothing like.DCL as a player, he’s very creative and good with the ball and a very clever player, DCL is a work horse.

You clearly dont watch Liverpool.... you should have just left it there. In fact I don't think you watch football, you just look at goal scoring charts.

Age is a factor that so many on here seem to be overlooking, he's is 22! The only players close to his age with a better goal return are Rashford, Martial, Sane and err Richarlison.

Players who are 24/25 or older cannot really be compared (also means Richarlison is incredibley good for his age)
My concern with him is his productivity. He doesn't score enough but even when he was out wide, he didn't cross the ball. Look at rashford; similar age, similar number of games played, stuck out wide a fair bit. Rashford has more goals and assists and put far more crosses into the box.

Nobody doubts calvert lewin's effort or attitude. Doing more of what he did against utd, like getting the flick on for richarlison's goal will help, but I'm still not convinced.

They are completely different players, but their similarity is that they help other players around them do better.

My concern with him is his productivity. He doesn't score enough but even when he was out wide, he didn't cross the ball. Look at rashford; similar age, similar number of games played, stuck out wide a fair bit. Rashford has more goals and assists and put far more crosses into the box.

Nobody doubts calvert lewin's effort or attitude. Doing more of what he did against utd, like getting the flick on for richarlison's goal will help, but I'm still not convinced.
Yeah rashford is a better player, not sure how people are debating that really. I like DCL a lot but he's not on that level

You clearly dont watch Liverpool.... you should have just left it there. In fact I don't think you watch football, you just look at goal scoring charts.

I don’t watch football because I don’t watch RS games? Lol yeah your right , I’m sure this season would have been much more enjoyable if I decided to watch are most hated rivals winning every week.
Mate if you think DCL ia amazing and is the next Kane or sharp then fair play to you, I’d love to live in a world like that. Let’s just say we disagree and I think his finishing is crap and I would prefer a goal scorer as opposed to a work horse like we have had for our entire stay in the prem with they exception or the yak and rom. While you prefer a young Rondon and hope we sign the next Mbappe and Salah ok ?

I am not sure Rashford has scored many more goals than DCL. Rashford has 7 goals 5 assists last season (one every 150 minutes) and 10/7 this season (one every 117 minutes). Calvert Lewin has 4/8 last season (one every 156 minutes) and 6/5 this (one every 146 minutes). Calvert Lewin is a little old (6 months older).

They are broadly similar stats, albeit that this season Rashford has kicked on another level. It is worth noting that he plays with Lukaku, Sanchez, Mata, Pogba etc who make and take many more chances. Calvert Lewin has played in an Everton team under Koeman who was sacked, Allardyce and then Silva when we were really struggling.

You also have to factor in, almost all United fans want to build their team around Rashford and believe he could lead the line in one of the best teams in Europe. I can't see how many on here don't think Calvert Lewin is good enough for a side that is a mid table team, aiming to break the top 6, when their records are very similar.

I don’t watch football because I don’t watch RS games? Lol yeah your right , I’m sure this season would have been much more enjoyable if I decided to watch are most hated rivals winning every week.
Mate if you think DCL ia amazing and is the next Kane or sharp then fair play to you, I’d love to live in a world like that. Let’s just say we disagree and I think his finishing is crap and I would prefer a goal scorer as opposed to a work horse like we have had for our entire stay in the prem with they exception or the yak and rom. While you prefer a young Rondon and hope we sign the next Mbappe and Salah ok ?

I don't think anyone is seriously thinking he's the next Harry Kane mate. Just that he has the potential to be a striker like Marcus Bent mixed with a bit of big Duncan.

We'd all want us to sign the next Mbappe but it's also very unlikely we will, and if we do it will have to be quite a young version of him to avoid the top teams moving in. In that context he will need time to learn, and Calvert Lewin can hold that mantle I would say for at least another season.

They are completely different players, but their similarity is that they help other players around them do better.

I get that but the case still stands , we do t score enough goals as a team . We struggle to create chances against poor sides and when he does get chances he isn’t clinical. He’s a nuisance and gives defenders a hard time but the way he plays lacks quality. What I mean by that is , he battles etc and when the ball bounces our way in games we can break and look great like the other day, when the ball isn’t bouncing our way he does not possess the quality to create any other way and isn’t clinical enough to score the one chance that he may get in a tight game. He can’t create his own chances and his shooting is bad , he can score headers but even then when the ball is wide a lot of the time he isn’t making the runs that natural scorers make, he just doesn’t have the knack. Having Bernard in the side doesn’t help because of his goal return he creates and more importantly he allows Digne to create and cross , siggy and richy both have good goal returns and they may improve on those next year but not that drastically. So where do the extra goals need to come from? The striker !

I agree about his lack of productivity, I just think this may still improve with game time and experience. He has had a lot fewer minutes than Rashford (I know you could say it's because he is not as good). He has also had 3 different managers in the 3 seasons he has had starts in the PL, that does not help with a player finding their place within a team. Rashford has had 6375 minutes of PL football and DCL has had 3829. DCL lst season scored 4 and had 7 assists, this season he has scored 6 with only 2 assists with fewer minutes of football. His goal scoring has increased and assists decreased probably because he is being asked to play differently. There is hope that he can increase his productivity and if he wants to be a TOP player rather than PL stalwart he will need to do that. The thing is if he does he will indeed be a TOP player and a future England full international.

Crucial player. Invaluable to our squad and key to how we want to play. He has the potential to get better and better too.

Should he be our only option at number 9? Absolutely not. There should always be two options for every position at any big club who wants to compete. Not having that is why we struggled so much when Lukaku was sold. You don't need two players of the exact same level but you shouldn't have a cliff edge drop off like we had.

I don't think anyone is seriously thinking he's the next Harry Kane mate. Just that he has the potential to be a striker like Marcus Bent mixed with a bit of big Duncan.

We'd all want us to sign the next Mbappe but it's also very unlikely we will, and if we do it will have to be quite a young version of him to avoid the top teams moving in. In that context he will need time to learn, and Calvert Lewin can hold that mantle I would say for at least another season.

That’s exactly the kind of striker he will probably end up like and I have said it before . Marcus bent , the guy that was fast , athletic and ran all day, also the guy that’s had about 18 different clubs in a 12 year career. As for the Dunc comparison, Ferguson was actually very good with the ball at his feet and could finish, he was unplayable in the air when he could be arsed , the problem he had was injuries , temperament and also was very slow. I do t really see much similarities tbf

Status
Not open for further replies.