2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird how many people on here are talking like he is a prolific striker. He's come out himself and said he needs to score more. Silva has said it as well.

Sadly for him, I reckon he is a very similar player to Emile Heskey.

Are they (me) talking like he's prolific? Or are they noting that he's far from unprolific?

At this point his goal scoring is secondary to the other problems he creates for the team. Maybe Heskey did that too.

Last edited:

It's weird how many people on here are talking like he is a prolific striker. He's come out himself and said he needs to score more. Silva has said it as well.

Sadly for him, I reckon he is a very similar player to Emile Heskey.
That is grossly unfair, DCL can actually hold the ball up without falling over. Anyway even if what you is true it means we have a future England first tram striker on our hands!

heskey got 89 goals in 516 prem games, a goal every 5.8 games, in a 38 game season that's about 6/7 goals a season

if you're happy with that then you are easily pleased, horrific ratio

A player than can score 100+ goals in the PL whilst just helping us to what should have been about a 4-0 win over arsenal without scoring himself? I’m satisfied.

ED3A3F3B-C97A-4EE4-B99D-CB209192B07C.png

A player than can score 100+ goals in the PL whilst just helping us to what should have been about a 4-0 win over arsenal without scoring himself? I’m satisfied.

View attachment 56718

ok so a dozen more goals than what I said over 500+ games is still a goal every 5 games which is a 7/8 goals over a 38 game season, again horrific record, you can say over 100 goals as many times as you want if them 100 goals are spread over abar 15 years that's terrible

see this is where you're point is flawed re the arsenal game "should have been about a 4-0 win over arsenal without scoring himself? I’m satisfied."

the reason we didn't win 4-0? because we didn't finish our chances and yet your advocating a striker scoring 7 goals over a 38 game season as sound, we won't always be lucky like we was on sunday in regards to arsenal being poo, most other teams will punish you for not taking your chances

My comparision of DCL and the best English striker we currently have in the UK. I think the differences are obvious without reading the below, namely with finishing and attacking with the head from set pieces. But these are things DCL will improve on, as he's already improved so much this season.

DCL
Heading 7/10 (in terms of winning balls from goal kicks he's excellent, attacking from corners not quite so impressive, but he's still strong)
Passing 7/10 (rarely gifts possession to the opposition)
Hold up play 8/10 (excellent at keeping defenders busy and getting the ball and passing it back to Gomes or out wide)
Finishing 5/10 (his one big flaw which needs serious work on)
Work rate 9/10 (as in last game, busts a gut in the final minutes to help the team)
Natural fitness 9/10 (natural athlete, extremely fit, rarely injured)

Kane
Heading 8/10 (proven ability to finish well with feet or head)
Passing 8/10 (has good vision and rarely gifts possession to the opposition)
Hold up play 8/10 (is excellent at keeping the ball and playing others in)
Finishing 9/10 (not many better in the league)
Work rate 8/10 (don't generally seem him making bursting runs)
Natural fitness 7/10 (picks up injuries)

I think in two years we could have a 8/10 header and an 8/10 finisher on our hands, to go with the rest of his impressive abilities already. He easily has potential to be as good as Kane is, and without the injuries too.

ok so a dozen more goals than what I said over 500+ games is still a goal every 5 games which is a 7/8 goals over a 38 game season, again horrific record, you can say over 100 goals as many times as you want if them 100 goals are spread over abar 15 years that's terrible

see this is where you're point is flawed re the arsenal game "should have been about a 4-0 win over arsenal without scoring himself? I’m satisfied."

the reason we didn't win 4-0? because we didn't finish our chances and yet your advocating a striker scoring 7 goals over a 38 game season as sound, we won't always be lucky like we was on sunday in regards to arsenal being poo, most other teams will punish you for not taking your chances

Why’s it up to Dom to ensure the rest of our attackers remember how to shoot? Last I remember he didn’t miss a chance he took.

My comparision of DCL and the best English striker we currently have in the UK. I think the differences are obvious without reading the below, namely with finishing and attacking with the head from set pieces. But these are things DCL will improve on, as he's already improved so much this season.

DCL
Heading 7/10 (in terms of winning balls from goal kicks he's excellent, attacking from corners not quite so impressive, but he's still strong)
Passing 7/10 (rarely gifts possession to the opposition)
Hold up play 8/10 (excellent at keeping defenders busy and getting the ball and passing it back to Gomes or out wide)
Finishing 5/10 (his one big flaw which needs serious work on)
Work rate 9/10 (as in last game, busts a gut in the final minutes to help the team)
Natural fitness 9/10 (natural athlete, extremely fit, rarely injured)

Kane
Heading 8/10 (proven ability to finish well with feet or head)
Passing 8/10 (has good vision and rarely gifts possession to the opposition)
Hold up play 8/10 (is excellent at keeping the ball and playing others in)
Finishing 9/10 (not many better in the league)
Work rate 8/10 (don't generally seem him making bursting runs)
Natural fitness 7/10 (picks up injuries)

I think in two years we could have a 8/10 header and an 8/10 finisher on our hands, to go with the rest of his impressive abilities already. He easily has potential to be as good as Kane is, and without the injuries too.

You're missing a load of other attributes such as positioning, link up play, control, dribbling, technique, etc. All of which Kane is vastly superior to DCL. I like DCL, but it's a bit misleading to compare him to Kane in the manner you have, they are worlds apart at the moment and DCL may never reach that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.