2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

He seems to be getting better and better at everything except the one skill that is absolutely essential for any half decent striker: finishing.

Loads of credit for his runs, pressing, headers and touches today. If he had any natural goalscoring instinct/ability though, he could have had 2 or 3 there.

He's doing a cracking job of tiding us over this season now that expectations have been obliterated, but we have to upgrade in the summer as a matter of urgency or we'll be absolutely nowhere near the top 6.

Finishing not his strong point.

....absolutely.

Goalscorers have a picture of the goal and the position of the goalkeeper in their mind. There’s no need to look up, often there’s no time to look up. If you’re outside the post, you know the keeper will be nearside so you go across him. I never get the impression DCL has that awareness.

He’s progressing leaps and bounds, he’s a physical handful, he’s fast, he’s good in the air and he has a shot like a mule. He lacks top drawer quality and a goalscorers intuition but he’s an improver and he’s a very useful member of the squad.

....absolutely.

Goalscorers have a picture of the goal and the position of the goalkeeper in their mind. There’s no need to look up, often there’s no time to look up. If you’re outside the post, you know the keeper will be nearside so you go across him. I never get the impression DCL has that awareness.

He’s progressing leaps and bounds, he’s a physical handful, he’s fast, he’s good in the air and he has a shot like a mule. He lacks top drawer quality and a goalscorers intuition but he’s an improver and he’s a very useful member of the squad.

Spot on eggs

Goalscorers with a natural instinct are very few and far between but this kid is coming on leaps and bounds.

Ram the channels superb, won loads in the air, should have scored and should have had an assist.

The faults in his game didn't cost us tonight so I'm gonna out that down to another 90 minutes where he'll learn a thing or two.

....absolutely.

Agree mostly....The goals will come & then so will the confidence...

DCL has come a long way & is looking a real handful...

We have a rising star on our hands here & Silva will let him develop & give him game time...

I dont see him as a twenty goals a season forward but if he becomes a 12-15 and continues with this work ethic he may just be the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.