2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just needs someone to coach him how to properly strike a ball into the corner of the goal instead of aiming centrally every time and then we have a player on our hands.

I think the "he can't finish" notion is a myth.
Looking at the stats he has missed 3 big chance this season, which is the same as Martial.
He has had 31 shots this season and scored 6 goals, thats a 19% success rate
Harry Kanes (albeit from a larger sample size) is 18%
Gabriel Jesus who has the same number of goals as DCL has a conversion rate of 16%

Looking at the stats he has missed 3 big chance this season, which is the same as Martial.
Gabriel Jesus who has the same number of goals as DCL has a conversion rate of 16%
Yeah I wouldn’t say there’s anything necessarily wrong with his finishing, it’s more the lack of goal scoring opportunities he gets himself into (which seems to be improving)

When you think back to when we had Lukaku (the last proper striker we had) he would manage to get himself a good number 1 on 1’s with the keeper.

Yeah I wouldn’t say there’s anything necessarily wrong with his finishing, it’s more the lack of goal scoring opportunities he gets himself into (which seems to be improving)

When you think back to when we had Lukaku (the last proper striker we had) he would manage to get himself a good number 1 on 1’s with the keeper.

I think we began changing our specific tactics to revolve around Rom getting those chances (wether that is a good think in utilising his ability or its a bad thing by making it dictate how we go forward is another question).

While at the moment we dont really have any "set" move to say, thats how he gets alot of his chances, but yes i agree its more getting those opportunitys for Dom than not taking them

Sure Challenge Video

See above.

Last season I kmow, but he wasn't in the same league as Klassen and Rooney.

He has everything else in his locker IMO. Just needs to find the corner with power more often.

Hope he can knock in some more before season end for both England and us.

Would be good for his confidence and hopefully improve more over the pre season.

Will he call up by England full team soon? There are quite a few injuries up front.

Same I thought we could have had a sniff but he's not gonna leave Arsenal for us sadly.

Weve got 5 players in that squad which is positive and i think for game time in the premier league players would join.

The only fly in the ointment is lookman.

Status
Not open for further replies.