DoF satisfaction rating: summer transfer window 2019/20 season

Are you satisfied with the DoFs performance this past summer?

• Yes

Votes: 197 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 164 46.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to hound him out for it, but he let us down this summer, 2 senior central defenders is unacceptable. The lack of a left footed right winger as was requested, is disappointing. While i am happy with the players that came in. It was all done too late.

And thats fine.

But to suggest we dont have a squad good enough to beat Sheff Utd is what I take issue with.

People blaming him for yesterday is my problem.

Even with Nesta and Baresi yesterday we dont win.

And thats fine.

But to suggest we dont have a squad good enough to beat Sheff Utd is what I take issue with.

People blaming him for yesterday is my problem.

Even with Nesta and Baresi yesterday we dont win.
It's not just about yesterday. Win, lose or draw - we've looked way off the team we had at end of last season. That's down to the sale of Gueye and Zouma who were formidable in keeping us secure, and we never replaced them. It's also down to believing that a 19 year old with potential but only 11 senior goals to his name could ever be our solution up front.

Brands didn't do well in the summer. You know it.

It's not just about yesterday. Win, lose or draw - we've looked way off the team we had at end of last season. That's down to the sale of Gueye and Zouma who were formidable in keeping us secure, and we never replaced them. It's also down to believing that a 19 year old with potential but only 11 senior goals to his name could ever be our solution up front.

We
Werent
Secure
With
Gana

Christ sake, this jarg little tackle merchant gets better every game we play.

He was here 3 years and we didnt finish above 7th.

Hes not the difference.

Anyway, its fine, I only need to wait, I can either wait till we sack Roberto Silva or I can hope that he finds a clue, but either way, everbody will see that the players ARENT the problem.

We
Werent
Secure
With
Gana

Christ sake, this jarg little tackle merchant gets better every game we play.

He was here 3 years and we didnt finish above 7th.

Hes not the difference.

Anyway, its fine, I only need to wait, I can either wait till we sack Roberto Silva or I can hope that he finds a clue, but either way, everbody will see that the players ARENT the problem.
It's not fine though. We still have Brands even if we sack the manager. He's had a summer that suggests that he's way off being what we need. Selling our beter players and getting late tat in.

Unfortunately for you mate , most people don't agree with you. Your own poll even shows that.
To put it into perspective Zouma is Chelsea's 4th choice centre back. You seem to be writing Kean off without giving him a chance.
This seasons failings (just like last) lie entirely at Silva's feet.
Brands did miss out on a couple , but overall did well.

Unfortunately for you mate , most people don't agree with you. Your own poll even shows that.
To put it into perspective Zouma is Chelsea's 4th choice centre back. You seem to be writing Kean off without giving him a chance.
This seasons failings (just like last) lie entirely at Silva's feet.
Brands did miss out on a couple , but overall did well.
A poll that is a simple choice...and almost half on here so far aren't satisfied with the DoF's summer performance.

Quite the step away from Brands the genius of last season isn't it?

Im absolutely disgusted with Marcel Brands for not sorting our zonal marking issues out in training and for not having an alternative system and game plan in place to put Premier Leavue power houses like Palace, Villa, Bournemouth and Sheffield Utd to the sword. Absolutely disgusted.

A poll that is a simple choice...and almost half on here so far aren't satisfied with the DoF's summer performance.

Quite the step away from Brands the genius of last season isn't it?

Once Silva is sacked and results improve , if you ask the same question you will get a totally different answer mate. Even now 57% don't agree with you.

Once Silva is sacked and results improve , if you ask the same question you will get a totally different answer mate. Even now 57% don't agree with you.
Silva's not getting sacked.

...and 46% of the forum believe Brands' performance this summer wasn't good enough.

Does the DOF just make sure the transfers get over the line? Or are they the chief scout basically and choose who we sign?

I literally don’t know much about his role to comment on it.

If the question was have our transfers over the past 3 windows been good enough, I’d say no. Apart from Digne and Gomes on loan.

Im absolutely disgusted with Marcel Brands for not sorting our zonal marking issues out in training and for not having an alternative system and game plan in place to put Premier Leavue power houses like Palace, Villa, Bournemouth and Sheffield Utd to the sword. Absolutely disgusted.

A good striker would´ve been nice though...

You know what I mean, we have the personnel, it just isn't being used correctly. If you want to play fast we should have Iwobi at 10 instead of Siggy, if we want to try and score via crosses like it appears on Saturday, then you would have Gylfi but we should have had DCL or Tosun on from the start.

The manager is not getting the best out of the group.

A good striker would´ve been nice though...

I don’t disagree mate. We have needed one since we lost lukaku many years back now.

However, I’m not gonna have it that Silva had no dialect with Brands over transfer targets and budget limitations.

The way it’s going on here you’d be made to believe Silva has zero input into who we sign and who is where on the priority list.

I don’t disagree mate. We have needed one since we lost lukaku many years back now.

However, I’m not gonna have it that Silva had no dialect with Brands over transfer targets and budget limitations.

The way it’s going on here you’d be made to believe Silva has zero input into who we sign and who is where on the priority list.

Fair enough. Whoever assembled the squad I still think we´re very much short of being anywhere near the top sides. Even looking at Chelsea lose today, you could see that they are still streets ahead of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.