does everton have a problem with toxic fans??

is there a toxic fan problem at the everton??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It probably is. I hate them with a passion, partly based on the European ban, but there are a number of other factors. Can't say I'm especially proud of it, and I've never really tried to hide it from my son - I even encouraged him to write "you lost the league at Goodison Park" inside a Christmas card he gave to a kopite classmate of his. So I guess I'm not exactly doing my bit in terms of breaking the cycle.
Oh noooo Daz , we can't sink down to their level , your son needs to know that we are far classier than them , always have been and hopefully always will be !

ill piss some people off here & apologies in advance for it but to answer the question.....

Toxicity is something riff within the fanbase & I am fairly sure it stems from the obsession with whether we live in a red shadow or not. We, as a fan base, are constantly obsessed with the one-upman-ship of our progress / regression / signings / stadium development and everything else, by factoring the impact on the red side, whether positive or negative.

As small example from the new stadium thread....

The current page 4201, prompted by to write this post. A member start a post by saying "No wonder the rs are gutted about us moving to the waterfront", when talking about the development, the waterfront and how F*cking Brilliant it will be as it develops and the infastructure around the stadium comes clearer.
As I read this, my initial reaction was, get out of that headspace & consider how amazing it will be when we are down there, in a new hub of the city - F8ck the RS and how gutted they will be - this is Everton's gain & it's not about how it impacts them.

The same complex appears all over the place, the obsession with blue baubles, the ban on red boots, bloody bins, the need to a bigger capacity at BMD even if it wasnt right for the club, the mentality of the blue fans at anfield, which undoubtedly transfers to the players, the club and mentality.

This chain needs to be broken - it sounds mad, but I would just love to see Carlo send the players out in Red boots & answer the question of why, with "we need to forget about them, I dont care about red any more" - I care about us and how our actions effect Everton FC, not anyone else.

Then we can start looking at Everton as an incredible club, progressing off the pitch and showing signs on it. If we aren't winning the league, dont worry about who is, it will fuel the toxic headspace

A much bigger percentage online than you’d meet in real life, online they just spout any old nonsense and it doesn’t matter how clueless they are. They can just call you bedwetters etc and not have an actual to justify it.
If you met half the Keyboard warriors in real life they wouldn’t say a word because they can’t back any of there thoughts up.

I have no problem with people who argue or disagree as long as they actually give an opinion and reasonings behind it.

Davek gets a lot if stuck but whether you agree or not he will give an opinion and reasons behind it rather than just a one sentence reply with nothing but insults.

It’s at the game that bothers me, forum beauties are usually just flotsam, but it’s the fellas at the game spouting bile with bits flying of their heads who bother me.

I sit there and wonder how anyone could feel such hatred towards a kid on a football field, or quite what effect their actions will have on said ‘kid’? As paying match goers I think we’re entitled to voice an opinion, Alex Nyarko being a case in point, but I think there’s a line and too many cross it.

When Gordon Lee was appointed manager my old fella started following Aberdeen, more as a way of winding me up probably, but I now reflect that it was kinder to turn your back on Everton than to hate it from within.

Inappropriate Language
when we was [Poor language removed] in the 90's & getting 20 something thousand in Goodison Park I honestly don't ever remember it being this bad with the constant moaning & negativity. Baffling the fan base at times

It’s at the game that bothers me, forum beauties are usually just flotsam, but it’s the fellas at the game spouting bile with bits flying of their heads who bother me.

I sit there and wonder how anyone could feel such hatred towards a kid on a football field, or quite what effect their actions will have on said ‘kid’? As paying match goers I think we’re entitled to voice an opinion, Alex Nyarko being a case in point, but I think there’s a line and too many cross it.

When Gordon Lee was appointed manager my old fella started following Aberdeen, more as a way of winding me up probably, but I now reflect that it was kinder to turn your back on Everton than to hate it from within.
Where do you sit.

A much bigger percentage online than you’d meet in real life, online they just spout any old nonsense and it doesn’t matter how clueless they are. They can just call you bedwetters etc and not have an actual to justify it.
If you met half the Keyboard warriors in real life they wouldn’t say a word because they can’t back any of there thoughts up.

I have no problem with people who argue or disagree as long as they actually give an opinion and reasonings behind it.

Davek gets a lot if stuck but whether you agree or not he will give an opinion and reasons behind it rather than just a one sentence reply with nothing but insults.
Correct the online are worse and most probably dont go the game.

ill piss some people off here & apologies in advance for it but to answer the question.....

Toxicity is something riff within the fanbase & I am fairly sure it stems from the obsession with whether we live in a red shadow or not. We, as a fan base, are constantly obsessed with the one-upman-ship of our progress / regression / signings / stadium development and everything else, by factoring the impact on the red side, whether positive or negative.

As small example from the new stadium thread....

The current page 4201, prompted by to write this post. A member start a post by saying "No wonder the rs are gutted about us moving to the waterfront", when talking about the development, the waterfront and how F*cking Brilliant it will be as it develops and the infastructure around the stadium comes clearer.
As I read this, my initial reaction was, get out of that headspace & consider how amazing it will be when we are down there, in a new hub of the city - F8ck the RS and how gutted they will be - this is Everton's gain & it's not about how it impacts them.

The same complex appears all over the place, the obsession with blue baubles, the ban on red boots, bloody bins, the need to a bigger capacity at BMD even if it wasnt right for the club, the mentality of the blue fans at anfield, which undoubtedly transfers to the players, the club and mentality.

This chain needs to be broken - it sounds mad, but I would just love to see Carlo send the players out in Red boots & answer the question of why, with "we need to forget about them, I dont care about red any more" - I care about us and how our actions effect Everton FC, not anyone else.

Then we can start looking at Everton as an incredible club, progressing off the pitch and showing signs on it. If we aren't winning the league, dont worry about who is, it will fuel the toxic headspace
Sorry mate but it has got a kick on to the rs and they will be gutted when the stadium is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.