does everton have a problem with toxic fans??

is there a toxic fan problem at the everton??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's our millenial fanbase that's the problem. They want it all and they want it now. Thing is they've never known true suffering. They didn't stand in GP along with the poor 18K souls on freezing November nights in the early 80"s watching pyar turd on display.

In their world they are used to having everything they want or ask for and exactly when they demand it. But what's this? Why aren't Everton boss, That doesn't compute, that's not in their script so let's all kick off and act like bells.

The old guard knows, the old guard waits.

Viva the old guard.

Anyone under the age of 30 has never seen (or certainly won’t remember) us win at Anfield, or away to Arsenal or Chelsea. Nor have they seen us win a single thing (being 5 when we won the FA Cup, in my case, does not count).

You arl arses may have had to put up with a few drab years in the 80s but you got more than your just rewards for doing so with the magic that followed.

My highlights as an Everton fan have been watching us get 4th but quickly bent over and bummed by that bug eyed melt Collina, and scoring first in an FA cup final, crapping our pants, and going on to lose comfortably.

Let’s not pretend that you’ve had it tougher than anyone under the age of 30.

Need Champions League fans if we want a Champions League team and, to be honest, I just don't think most of ours are the right level yet. Shame they won't step aside for the greater good.

So my view on this is

I started going in 83 aged 6. What happened in the 80's, I didn't understand. My dad and Grandad did and hit them hard. I learned more about the impact, losing the European Cup chance, Lineker coming and going etc and I became like many very bitter. To me, we could have gone on to have years and years of greatness and have a trophy cabinet matching plenty of others.
As I've got older, I hate them RS, but I have mellowed. It still breaks my heart to lose the Derby, I still turn my back to YNWA. I still shout loudly when Troy Deeney and William score against them, but I have mellowed from 10 years ago, when we were crap and it was easy to blame them.
What always makes me laugh is the teenagers nowadays and their hatred towards them. Where has this come from, these lads I see next to me, singing about them weren't even born when it all happened, so is this a generation thing, passed down?

this is a factor for all so it does not absolve guys from their hatred of young players seeking to do their best for the team.
Not this old myth of particularly hating the young players again -- yawn. It doesn't exist. Blues give stick to everyone.

Absolutely it does.

Most clubs do though. The other lot had fans moaning about getting beat 3 times on the bounce last night!

We just notice it more around Everton because we tend to surround ourselves with Everton fans (like on here).

I think a lot of our fans have just been broken down by years of tedium. It's not even as if we have been bad, just staggeringly average with no hope of doing anything. Even in the 90's when flirting with relegation we all grouped together as it was a backs to the wall mentality.

Supporting Everton has been pretty boring for years. At least we have a bit of hope now, the fans will change accordingly.

We do have toxic fans BUT every club has them some more than others. They are more apparent these days because of modern media. Internet communications allow little people to become big, morons become mainstream and the entire pot is stirred by the likes of Sky. I remember the great sixties teams breaking up, some fans audible cheered great players leaving such is the fickle nature of supporters of all clubs.
I believe we are no worse than other clubs but we've had much more to put up with than some. I admire fans of Sunderland, Ipswich, Norwich and Sheffield Wednesday all of which have faced the ignominy of numerous relegations. Even the other lot across the park have many detractors in their own ranks against particular players.
People are always entitled to a considered opinion. I take issue when young player's entire careers can be ruined by comments being made by some nerd who is unfit or unqualified to rip them to bits, sadly we have a surfeit of that type.

We do have toxic fans BUT every club has them some more than others.

Teams were the fans have suffered multiple season's of underachievement will always have bigger elements of their fanbase were people are frustrated and will therefore have a lack of patience. We are the prime example of this. We can talk about reasons until we are blue in the face but we've under achieved for years and years and years. That's going to breed some resentment and frustration into some of the match going fans.

It's not helpful but it's understandable. It's not just limited to Everton. I think Newcastle and West Ham are similar in the Premier League. Really get behind their team but can easily turn. Because they've been continually let down by their club over a prolonged period.

Doesn't stop in the Premier league either. Teams like Sheff Wed, Forest, Sunderland, Ipswich are similar. Been to all and they have the same sense of frustration. Ipswich in particular. A great team in the 80's who are languishing outside in the play offs in League One after about 15 years with 1 play off appearance in the Championship and no Premier League seasons. They are watching their main rivals achieve. Same as us. Same as Sheff Wed. That increases tension.

I suppose all I'm saying is that it's bourne out of frustration with continued under achievement. It's not helpful to new managers, new players or young players coming through. But it's understandable when you are let down by something you've invested time, money and emotional energy into over years. There needs to be a release for that pent up anger. For some it's the players, others the manager, others Kenwright, Colina or the RS. What it needs is a manager or group of players to turn that anger into energy to support the team. Anyone who does that will unleash a beast to be reckoned with.

It's probably not just Everton, just social media in general is poisonous, it can be hard going sometimes reading all the bile people spout at each other when not face to face; I see it creeping into society now, people abuse each other all the time.

In answer to the Everton related context; I find fans aren't willing to give any time to grow these days. Again, maybe we just notice it more than when the internet wasn't around.

So my view on this is

I started going in 83 aged 6. What happened in the 80's, I didn't understand. My dad and Grandad did and hit them hard. I learned more about the impact, losing the European Cup chance, Lineker coming and going etc and I became like many very bitter. To me, we could have gone on to have years and years of greatness and have a trophy cabinet matching plenty of others.
As I've got older, I hate them RS, but I have mellowed. It still breaks my heart to lose the Derby, I still turn my back to YNWA. I still shout loudly when Troy Deeney and William score against them, but I have mellowed from 10 years ago, when we were crap and it was easy to blame them.
What always makes me laugh is the teenagers nowadays and their hatred towards them. Where has this come from, these lads I see next to me, singing about them weren't even born when it all happened, so is this a generation thing, passed down?
It probably is. I hate them with a passion, partly based on the European ban, but there are a number of other factors. Can't say I'm especially proud of it, and I've never really tried to hide it from my son - I even encouraged him to write "you lost the league at Goodison Park" inside a Christmas card he gave to a kopite classmate of his. So I guess I'm not exactly doing my bit in terms of breaking the cycle.

Most seem to say yes. Come to the Upper Bullens where all is sweetness and light, we get on like one big happy family and are fully supportive of the boys in blue at the match.

a smile on my lips as the toxic try to squirm out of their accountability for hating on the team and particularly its young players. the poll has been brave and spoken. we have an enemy within and it needs CRUSHING if the everton are to prevail. this is a turning point on grandoldteam.com no longer will we tolerate ur loud mouth and toddler temper. u r the problem bozos.

a smile on my lips as the toxic try to squirm out of their accountability for hating on the team and particularly its young players. the poll has been brave and spoken. we have an enemy within and it needs CRUSHING if the everton are to prevail. this is a turning point on grandoldteam.com no longer will we tolerate ur loud mouth and toddler temper. u r the problem bozos.

YOU are the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.