Do you agree with Roberto r.e. transfer window?

Should the transfer window end before the season begins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that he is signing young players for cheap prices, isn't really a big risk and we could unearth gems like we did with coleman and stones!

If the logic is that there shouldn't be a window running into the start of the season then doesn't that same logic mean there shouldn't be a winter window at all?

Right or wrong, its not going to change any time soon, premier league like the drama of it too much and how it can change the scene of the league after its started.

Instead of moaning about it, we should just sign the players we need instead of "late on in the window". How can we moan when we typically leave all our business till late.

People have been saying this for years now, the window should be shut before the first weekend of the season, so that managers and players all know where they stand, The only exception I can think of is that clubs should still be able to loan from the Premier League to the championship after the start of the season, so they can send the kids out on loan, other than that, players should be locked in from August to the end of December when the winter window opens.

Listening to Talksport this morning though, I heard Graham Hunter say that some of the clubs in the "G14" and the PFA are planning to challenge the idea of windows, with a view to getting them scrapped all together, meaning players can move at any time, this would be terrible IMO

I hate that people in the media are suggesting Roberto is a hypocrite because he's signing players after the season has started.

He's only doing it because it's late in the window when deals get forced through - and presently, that's during the season.

It's moronic criticism!

I think it cuts both ways when Everton bullies some smaller club for their best player. This is what it is.

I hate that people in the media are suggesting Roberto is a hypocrite because he's signing players after the season has started.

He's only doing it because it's late in the window when deals get forced through - and presently, that's during the season.

It's moronic criticism!
If the shops open..............................in our case 2nd charity shops.

Evidently going by this transfer season, doesn't really matter when they shut it, he is proving to be rather bad at the whole caper...

Status
Not open for further replies.