Do we need a new LB?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the weakest position at the club. No question. We have a player on the way out who's form is at best patchy and no one else now that Mori cant be used as an emergency stand in and Galloway has gone. Coco Clownita who he's just signed is one of those who could possibly switch flanks but he'll just do what he does on the right flank: stand on the halfway line waving them through when a move breaks down.

We are completely exposed in this position.

Connolly?

So far and i know it's only pre season, but Connolly reminds me of Galloway when he played left back for us, good up until the box then doesn't seem to know what to do with himself mate

I'd rather someone young, energetic and enthusiastic, who was good up to the box (Ie, defensively) then doesn't know what to do, but can learn, and improve, than someone who does know what to do at the box, but seems reluctant to do it.

Baines passing has been awful for a while now, and the amount of times he stops and goes backwards is insane for a so called "attacking" full back, and he has never been great defensively.

Only plus point is his free kicks and corners...

Maybe. I think we need PL proven class though. He worked with Bertrand at S'ton. Why aren't we in for him?

Could be any number of reasons...

I've said before but Chilwell seems to be the next cab off the rank England international wise and then Sessegnon whose not staying in Fulham when a decent bid arrives.....theres also Tierney.

I don't rate the Hull/RS player one bit either...any of those 3 would be good for me....

Or perhaps he plays Baines and eases him out for Connolly...we don't know, perhaps he rates Connolly?

So far and i know it's only pre season, but Connolly reminds me of Galloway when he played left back for us, good up until the box then doesn't seem to know what to do with himself mate

That comes with experience though, doesn't it?

Could be any number of reasons...

I've said before but Chilwell seems to be the next cab off the rank England international wise and then Sessegnon whose not staying in Fulham when a decent bid arrives.....theres also Tierney.

I don't rate the Hull/RS player one bit either...any of those 3 would be good for me....

Or perhaps he plays Baines and eases him out for Connolly...we don't know, perhaps he rates Connolly?

We just bought the lad from Newcastle who is supposed to be the bees knees. Won't be ready right away, but you know the hope is he is the long term answer.

Possibly so mate, the question then comes - do we accept that results will suffer giving players who arent quite there yet - and maybe need a full season of games - by playing them or do we try ease them in / loan them to get that experience over a longer period.

Possibly so mate, the question then comes - do we accept that results will suffer giving players who arent quite there yet - and maybe need a full season of games - by playing them or do we try ease them in / loan them to get that experience over a longer period.

Status
Not open for further replies.