Do we have the worst attack in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

We've got potentially good players in Gordon, Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Gray but they're all a bit flaky one week you think "well in, lad" the next it's like they're not playing. I suppose that's what separates the wheat from the chaff.
Yeah that’s what I think before we kick a ball. 90 minutes later, for all the rhetoric we read still a very ordinary team. Energy levels good, quality on the ball sadly lacking.

Usually I read as many posts in a thread as I can before I post. Mainly because I don't want to repeat anything that's already been said.

But after todays performance, and yet agsin watching at least highlights of other games, there's only Forest that we are better than up front. And that's marginal ffs.

I even watched Sheffield Utd v Burnley today (don't ask) and the Sheffield attack made ours look pedestrian.

K'off Everton.

We've got potentially good players in Gordon, Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Gray but they're all a bit flaky one week you think "well in, lad" the next it's like they're not playing. I suppose that's what separates the wheat from the chaff.

All players are good potentially.
Those who are consistent are what matters.
What makes my piss boil is they will have one good game and start thinking they're big time. There is an awful complacent mentality at this club. Its like we'll hit mid table and they've made it. Get the bunting out.
Talk is cheap. And i hate the way a lot of our players talk crap after 1 decent result. Start talking after a dozen or so decent results. Not one.

DCLs effort yesterday and Maupay in the Derby pretty much sum up where we are as an attacking threat.

Can’t even score from 6 yards out.
Thing is, all strikers miss chances, even good chances. DCL and Maupay should have scored those chances but we’re creating so few good chances in a game they basically can’t miss or they won’t get another chance the entire game. It’s not like they’re missing sitter after sitter.

We need to create more chances at the end of the day and our strikers will score more goals.

we lose Lukaku we dont replace, we lose Richarlison we don’t replace - her lies the problem.

so we overpay for Maupay who is crap and have him and DCL who is more interested in his image than football and expect to win?

we have young strikers out on loan who may not have the goal scoring threat of our current strikers (what threat!!!) but they would have offered the threat that giving youth a chance.

Jessie March at Leeds has this young Somerville striker who has been given last minute minutes to save a game and won them the three points on the last two games, six points instead of two is a huge difference to introducing seasoned crap forwards.

only way to sort this issue out is to pay big, bring the kids back and give them a chance and if not up to it get rid.

we have had money to compete with the top and fluffed that up, now Moshiri needs to dig deep and sort this because he will lose even more money when we are in the championship.

If you play one forward he has to stay forward to show some kind of threat,playing two up front makes more of a threat and one can track back.

This issue is tactical as well as poor forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.