Do we have a problem breaking teams down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad Baines is getting noticed a bit though, now.

He's probably our most important player. And no, I'm not joking. His consistency is astounding, and if he got injured it would be felt more than any other player imo.

It says as much about him as it does about us though, that our main creative outlet is a defender.

He was superb for the goal tonight, it was all him closeing fown Lee in the last few minutes when mahy had given up!

It's because Leighton Baines is our best player at beating a man face up by running at him. In all honesty, I would spend a pound and a fortune on N'Zogbia for what he would be worth to us. Seriously, like 15million.

I'd give Coleman a wee bit of time to see how he gets on there mate, he's got all the ingredients.

He was superb for the goal tonight, it was all him closeing fown Lee in the last few minutes when mahy had given up!

I think he was the only one in the stadium who hadn't given up -- fans included! He's just the ultimate player; ace on the pitch, conducts himself like a pro, and a gent off the pitch too.

I'd give Coleman a wee bit of time to see how he gets on there mate, he's got all the ingredients.

He certainly made a difference today.

I'm glad Baines is getting noticed a bit though, now.

He's probably our most important player. And no, I'm not joking. His consistency is astounding, and if he got injured it would be felt more than any other player imo.

It says as much about him as it does about us though, that our main creative outlet is a defender.

Agreed, to be honest he's played the same way since he first came into the side. Now he's just more consistent and better positionally.

The thing is as well, it's not an unusual thing, you want your left back to be good enough to attack with purpose rather than just run down the line all day. The point I was making is you need someone else in the attacking areas who you give the ball to so that they can make something happen. As a general rule, they're fast and skilful. We haven't had one since Kanchelskis. And even more depressingly, the football we play now would be more suited to that kind of player than any time in the last 20 years.

No i dont blame the strikers. The balance in midfield isnt right, especially against defensive teams.

There is no penetration into the box from wide areas. Donovan or similar is required urgently.

Agreed, to be honest he's played the same way since he first came into the side. Now he's just more consistent and better positionally.

The thing is as well, it's not an unusual thing, you want your left back to be good enough to attack with purpose rather than just run down the line all day. The point I was making is you need someone else in the attacking areas who you give the ball to so that they can make something happen. As a general rule, they're fast and skilful. We haven't had one since Kanchelskis. And even more depressingly, the football we play now would be more suited to that kind of player than any time in the last 20 years.

He played his 41st consecutive game for us against Bolton mate, and near enough all of them he has been one of our best players on the pitch.

I have day dreamed once or twice in the last year of having a Kanchelskis on our modern day team. We'd annihilate most.

A little bit of pace in the midfeild wouldnt go astray to be honest, its one thing tryin to score a goal 4 on 1, its another when you give there defence and midfeild the time and space to get their best positions when not in pocession.

He played his 41st consecutive game for us against Bolton mate, and near enough all of them he has been one of our best players on the pitch.

I have day dreamed once or twice in the last year of having a Kanchelskis on our modern day team. We'd annihilate most.

I'd argue that we need a clinical striker more. I've still faith in Aiyegbeni "the tank" Yakubu, though.

A little bit of pace in the midfeild wouldnt go astray to be honest, its one thing tryin to score a goal 4 on 1, its another when you give there defence and midfeild the time and space to get their best positions when not in pocession.

How much would you pay for Zog?

Nice one, you know that his cruciate done on Sat dont you!

I still have memories of Jan two years ago, i beleive there is a "Should we sell Naines in Jan" thread knocking around in the vault!

Nice one, you know that his cruciate done on Sat dont you!

I still have memories of Jan two years ago, i beleive there is a "Should we sell Naines in Jan" thread knocking around in the vault!

ponders visiting the vaults*

We're incredibly impatient as a set of fans mate. But I don't believe Bily will come good.

I don't think he's too far off mate with either, I certainly wouldn't consider them to be a weakness of his.

His crossing is really good, actually. He just doesn't cross often -- he plays it on the ground and goes more direct.

His shooting isn't great, that's true, but then we need him to be a creator, not so much a goalscorer. Baines scores once in a blue moon, but gets tonnes of assists -- that's where he comes in useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.