• Yes - Jagielka/Distin/Stones/Alcaraz aren't good enough

Votes: 296 82.2%
  • No - Knee jerk reaction.

Votes: 64 17.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say it but yeah, I think we do.

Shocking considering that was one of the few positions before the season started that we thought we were well covered in.

Crazy game ain't it?

We need to get someone in who will immediately improve us now, not another player like Stones that will need some time to develop. At the age that Jagielka and Distin are there is a chance they will never get it back and we can't risk that.

Play Stones. Drop one of Jags or Distin.

We came up against a "Top, Top" team yesterday who would have destroyed most defences - and they got lucky with a couple of their goals but that's the nature of the beast.

Wenger has no problem with throwing Chambers in. Ok so he wasn't brilliant against us but he was against Besiktas in the CL qualifier. If you're good enough, you're old enough and Stones is certainly that.

Martinez needs to tighten up at the back, he more of an attacking coach, He was like this at Wigan, hopefully this is a one-off.

No. At this point Martinez has to back his own judgement. Duffy was shipped out this week because we have at least 4 or 5 better options at CB whom Martinez trusts to start games. He should work with what he's got and reassess the position next May.

Madness all of this. Firstly, our defence last season was alright. Secondly, defending is a team effort, not just that of the defenders. I mean two of our centre backs are in the England squad. What else do we want here?

After the first 3 games I would have to say 'yes'. We were a shambles at the back yesterday. We virtually conceded 3 goals from 'kick offs' (the first, the fourth and the fifth). Jags trying to play offside for first goal and Distin stood off Matic for fourth. Plus their all tound play was dodgy. The whole team has to defend better but that starts with the centre halves for me.

People who actually know me, know I don't tend to knee-jerk but, Jagielka and Distin are looking like this is one season too far, and have done since the start of the season.

Is Stones able to bring any more confidence at CB yet? Not sure but we must look to the future now. I'd buy a CB, play Stones along either Jagielka or Distin and gradually bed a new CB in.

Yes. We need a center back but I doubt we will go for one this window. Ask the question would players in other positions keep their places after performances like our center backs (since the end of last season as they have been brutal) ? The answer would be a straight no. The reason they haven't been replaced is that robbie thinks the bench won't do better. Stones must be given a center chance again and if possible a decent center brought in. Won't happen this window

Madness all of this. Firstly, our defence last season was alright. Secondly, defending is a team effort, not just that of the defenders. I mean two of our centre backs are in the England squad. What else do we want here?
The England squad is probably the worst it's ever been in my lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.