2019/20 Djibril Sidibe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would take him as a back up option for £12 million with Kenny going out but would rather we signed a 2nd RB with a bit of pace to push him / compete for the 1st team spot.

Think we can do better but I cant see Brands signing 2 RB's in one window so think he'll sign and be 1st choice next season.

He can put a cross in, that’s it, he has no positional awareness as a full back whatsoever.

In a nutshell.

Some of his crosses are absolutely superb but the last 3 games he's looked utterly horrendous.

Yesterday there was a moment where they were attacking down his side and he just wandered towards the centre circle, stopped, realised he was nowhere near where he should have been and just casually jogged back towards where he should have been 8 seconds earlier.

It isn't the first time he's done that either. Positionally he's dreadful, has huge lapses of focus.

On loan he's been an o.k stop gap addition but there's not a chance on earth I'd be paying 13.5m for him.

Sidibe as squad player for the 12 or 14 million is a good solid signing :) His been involved with the France national team and won a World Cup medal and after a very serious injury was out fora good part of last year before he arrived to us ! It could be a bedding in period or the injury catching up but since his been involved with us, along with Digne and even Schneiderlin and Zouma, our profile in France has increased and commentators talk positive about us and i have actually started to meet younger french who choose us to support as we're not the usual suspects !

Done ok yesterday until Coleman came on and he was pushed further forward then he went all to pot no positional sense and was all over the place, would rather sign someone better but other positions are probably higher up the list for CA.

Sidibe as squad player for the 12 or 14 million is a good solid signing :) His been involved with the France national team and won a World Cup medal and after a very serious injury was out fora good part of last year before he arrived to us ! It could be a bedding in period or the injury catching up but since his been involved with us, along with Digne and even Schneiderlin and Zouma, our profile in France has increased and commentators talk positive about us and i have actually started to meet younger french who choose us to support as we're not the usual suspects !

Sidibe is poor, so is Schneiderlin but it's nice to hear that we might be getting some new fans because of our French players.

In a nutshell.

Some of his crosses are absolutely superb but the last 3 games he's looked utterly horrendous.

Yesterday there was a moment where they were attacking down his side and he just wandered towards the centre circle, stopped, realised he was nowhere near where he should have been and just casually jogged back towards where he should have been 8 seconds earlier.

It isn't the first time he's done that either. Positionally he's dreadful, has huge lapses of focus.

On loan he's been an o.k stop gap addition but there's not a chance on earth I'd be paying 13.5m for him.
Excellently put.

He's good at attacking not very good defensively but if we have a proper DM like Gbamin dropping in when he pushes forward it's worth keeping him in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.