2019/20 Djibril Sidibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
He leaves with more assists in the league than Gylfi Sigurdsson, in fact he was our 2nd highest assister after Digne. Also made the most key tackles and interceptions (per WhoScored) don’t think he was as bad as people make out better than some of the crap we’ve had out there over the years. Think he would still be decent cover.

But we need better mate, and his age and for the fee (£14m reported) what is the point?

Coleman - for all his faults - is absolutely fine as 'decent cover'. He's not going anywhere and can stay for that.

Kenny, I'm not sold on and doubt the club are. Perhaps the plan is to have another look at him in pre-season, concentrate on getting other additions in first, and then see where we're at - though in an ideal world we definitely need a RB.

We have until October 5, though, so plenty of time, albeit Brands imo has a lot to do this window and it needs doing as quickly as is realistically possible.

The best thing I can say about Sidibe is that he was rarely our worst player.
The worst thing I can say is that he was never our best player.
That is not worth spending money to acquire.

But we need better mate, and his age and for the fee (£14m reported) what is the point?

Coleman - for all his faults - is absolutely fine as 'decent cover'. He's not going anywhere and can stay for that.

Kenny, I'm not sold on and doubt the club are. Perhaps the plan is to have another look at him in pre-season, concentrate on getting other additions in first, and then see where we're at - though in an ideal world we definitely need a RB.

We have until October 5, though, so plenty of time, albeit Brands imo has a lot to do this window and it needs doing as quickly as is realistically possible.

I agree we can do better and we do need younger players. I’m not sold on Kenny myself either from what I seen at him playing for us. I’m not sure how he’s done at Schalke maybe he’s improved and Ancelotti takes a liking to him, I expect he’ll give him a chance at least during training/pre-season? Coleman definitely needs benching next season, we can’t depend on him as our first choice right back anymore, sadly time has got the better of him.

Im sure Ancelotti will have key positions lined up in the transfer window, my concern is how much will he be given to spend and will it be enough to cover all the most important positions, right back being one of them.

I think it may well be Coleman and Kenny fighting it out next season.

Which to me is a downgrade on this season. Sidibe for the first half of the season looked a shoe in for a perm despite his defensive limitations, but his performances have definitely fallen since carlo has come in and it was for the best we didn't wrap up a perm half way through the season, which is probably what i said we should do at the time ha

As much as it pains me, i feel we have to sell coleman and buy a new right back. Selling Kenny only to then need to have to buy another right back backup in a year or two when coleman has detoriated doesn't make much sense to me. I'd like us to stick with Kenny as backup and hope he's learnt a good deal from his loan. But neither him nor coleman can be first choice next season imo, we need to improve and that to me is regression.

I think that’s worst case scenario and it doesn’t fill me with courage.
I think that Kenny may well be given a chance in pre season and this would be sensible.
He has a full season in top level football behind him now and hopefully will have improved because of that. He was only getting bits and pieces because of Seamus before that.

I do like his attitude, he has that level of determination and aggression to his game that is missing in a lot of our team at present.
I think he at least deserves a chance to prove himself and if it doesn't work out then I think there will be a lot of interest in him.

Which to me is a downgrade on this season. Sidibe for the first half of the season looked a shoe in for a perm despite his defensive limitations, but his performances have definitely fallen since carlo has come in and it was for the best we didn't wrap up a perm half way through the season, which is probably what i said we should do at the time ha

As much as it pains me, i feel we have to sell coleman and buy a new right back. Selling Kenny only to then need to have to buy another right back backup in a year or two when coleman has detoriated doesn't make much sense to me. I'd like us to stick with Kenny as backup and hope he's learnt a good deal from his loan. But neither him nor coleman can be first choice next season imo, we need to improve and that to me is regression.
It makes no sense to sell Coleman, he is at the very least adequate cover.

The decision in my opinion is bring Kenny back or sign somebody to replace or understudy Seamus.

As with everything else it depends on what CA thinks of Seamus and how he has performed... behind a very poor midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.