Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I know the larger health issues are beyond the capacity of this forum but I'd love advice on just finding people to talk about movies, tv , videogames , history and other intellectual matters. Those things help me cope with the turbulence.
Check out The Ale House forum. There's loads of random subjects up for discussion. TV shows is definitely there, a book club. All sorts. Join in.

Doing ok thanks mate. I'm still on here quite a bit but tend to stay within the ale house forum. The current affairs and Everton forums get a bit too spicy for me at the moment ?
1643254279599.png

@blue to the bone, I’m sorry to hear of your continuing situation.

Replies to you thus far have covered things better than I could but just wanted to say I’m sending my best wishes, that you can get through to better times.

Keep posting here, when/if you feel the need. Take care mate ?
Thanks mate. Appreciate it.
Took some advice and spoke to a friend about it. Well it was by text but it was still good to share it .

@Curtis how are you doing? There's a good chat about WW1 and WW2 going on in the Messy Mascot thread that you might like if history is your thing.
Was at work which was a little daunting because its unengaging and I just end up ruminating about life but I got through it unscathed and just arrived home. So I'm alright. Thats cool, I do have an affinity for history so I'll probably check it out if it's not too late. I appreciate inquiring about my wellbeing and providing the suggestion to visit the thread. Means a lot

Hey all, where to start with this... apologies to burden others but I'm really struggling.

Things hadn't been great with my partner but life was ok. We have the most amazing perfect little boy, he is very nearly 2. He is my world.

I found out in November that she had been having an affair with her boss, who was also a good friend of mine. Since then life has been really tough. Over Christmas she took my boy to Poland to be with her family and I had 9 days alone when I should have been enjoying the time with my boy.

She has strung me along to keep the comfort of our home, whilst also chasing this other guy. They split for a little and within a week he was already dating other women. He knew what my boy looked like and how young he is, it feels very sinister as I feel he is literally stealing my child.

I have tried on at least 4 occasions to end it now, I just can't cope with him parading my child round like a trophy. Last night was the latest attempt, she got very aggressive trying to stop me and I now have several bite marks on my back and very bruised feet... and one snapped belt.

It has literally smashed me to pieces. I have lost over 15kg since Christmas and I'm desperately trying to be the best me I can be, but she is still living here and I have to watch as she builds a life with him. He leaves a wife and 2 young children.

I am so unlucky, when I did get the courage to call the smaritans, they didn't pick up. People tell me it will get easier and time will heal, but I just can't get past his involvement with my boy. To me he is pure evil, to know the family you are destroying and still do it, not sure what sort of scum does that.

I found a bunch of messages on her phone and that's how I busted them, reading about how my child would be ok with it as he is so young. Society literally sticks the middle finger up at men in this scenario, then want to charge you for it. I would get more help if someone stole my car, but I'm totally powerless in who is involved in my boys life. I just can't see a way I can ever get passed it. I will lose seeing my boy for over 5 years before he is 16, 5 years I can't be there and 5 years of influence from this other guy. My son will treat him like a father figure and that just totally grinds me to the core.

I have had to hear and see so much, I literally did nothing more than work hard to provide for my family. For childcare, the enabler for her to do this, I had to find £1100 a month, all the burden fell on me but I did it. I moved my salary by 15k in a year, it took a lot to do... massive hours, high pressure. She just couldn't see the value as she has no responsibility for finances.

Apologies for the long post, I could literally write a book on what I have been through. I know ending it isn't the way but I can't shake the gut wrenching pain and its been about 10 weeks now.

Hey all, where to start with this... apologies to burden others but I'm really struggling.

Things hadn't been great with my partner but life was ok. We have the most amazing perfect little boy, he is very nearly 2. He is my world.

I found out in November that she had been having an affair with her boss, who was also a good friend of mine. Since then life has been really tough. Over Christmas she took my boy to Poland to be with her family and I had 9 days alone when I should have been enjoying the time with my boy.

She has strung me along to keep the comfort of our home, whilst also chasing this other guy. They split for a little and within a week he was already dating other women. He knew what my boy looked like and how young he is, it feels very sinister as I feel he is literally stealing my child.

I have tried on at least 4 occasions to end it now, I just can't cope with him parading my child round like a trophy. Last night was the latest attempt, she got very aggressive trying to stop me and I now have several bite marks on my back and very bruised feet... and one snapped belt.

It has literally smashed me to pieces. I have lost over 15kg since Christmas and I'm desperately trying to be the best me I can be, but she is still living here and I have to watch as she builds a life with him. He leaves a wife and 2 young children.

I am so unlucky, when I did get the courage to call the smaritans, they didn't pick up. People tell me it will get easier and time will heal, but I just can't get past his involvement with my boy. To me he is pure evil, to know the family you are destroying and still do it, not sure what sort of scum does that.

I found a bunch of messages on her phone and that's how I busted them, reading about how my child would be ok with it as he is so young. Society literally sticks the middle finger up at men in this scenario, then want to charge you for it. I would get more help if someone stole my car, but I'm totally powerless in who is involved in my boys life. I just can't see a way I can ever get passed it. I will lose seeing my boy for over 5 years before he is 16, 5 years I can't be there and 5 years of influence from this other guy. My son will treat him like a father figure and that just totally grinds me to the core.

I have had to hear and see so much, I literally did nothing more than work hard to provide for my family. For childcare, the enabler for her to do this, I had to find £1100 a month, all the burden fell on me but I did it. I moved my salary by 15k in a year, it took a lot to do... massive hours, high pressure. She just couldn't see the value as she has no responsibility for finances.

Apologies for the long post, I could literally write a book on what I have been through. I know ending it isn't the way but I can't shake the gut wrenching pain and its been about 10 weeks now.
Mate thats a horrible situation you're in. Ending it by taking your own life is never the right thing. You gotta dig deep and fight back. Why would you willingly take yourself out of your sons life. You're his Dad the greatest title a man can have in life, hes your blood - shes not. Dont be surrendering and handing him over to them. Get legal advice and throw her out if shes still at home. Threatening or attempting suicide wont make her stay with you or change what shes done. You're obviously hurting - she's broken the bond. Youre a smart and able man to have changed your circumstances this past year - you can change them again - get legal advice asap and take back control of your life. You need your confidence back thats shes robbed you off.You haven't done anything wrong. Fight like hell for you and your son - you know hes worth it. We got your back brother,, you're surrounded with friends here. ?

So so sorry to hear you are struggling but please don’t ever think that you are a burden - you are not! Feel free to post as much and as often as you need, there is always someone on here to listen and you are truly amongst friends. There are many on here who will be able to help with practical advice concerning the situation with your little lad. You sound like a lovely bloke who has done the very best he could for his family and don’t deserve to be treated like this but you can come back from this even though it probably doesn’t feel like it at the moment. I send you my very best wishes.?

Mate thats a horrible situation you're in. Ending it by taking your own life is never the right thing. You gotta dig deep and fight back. Why would you willingly take yourself out of your sons life. You're his Dad the greatest title a man can have in life, hes your blood - shes not. Dont be surrendering and handing him over to them. Get legal advice and throw her out if shes still at home. Threatening or attempting suicide wont make her stay with you or change what shes done. You're obviously hurting - she's broken the bond. Youre a smart and able man to have changed your circumstances this past year - you can change them again - get legal advice asap and take back control of your life. You need your confidence back thats shes robbed you off.You haven't done anything wrong. Fight like hell for you and your son - you know hes worth it. We got your back brother,, you're surrounded with friends here. ?
I just can't bear the thought of him influencing my son. I fought so hard, literally begged her not to do this to our boy. Just got to the point where she is going to do it regardless and I dont think I can watch it play out.

Shes literally just replaced me in what was our future. Still wants another child, still wants the big house, the wedding, etc... just not with me. Given he has literally only given her words, whereas I gave her lifetime comfort and security, I just felt like she owed me a chance. A chance to save the family... if it weren't for my boy, she would have been picking clothes up off the driveway.

So so sorry to hear you are struggling but please don’t ever think that you are a burden - you are not! Feel free to post as much and as often as you need, there is always someone on here to listen and you are truly amongst friends. There are many on here who will be able to help with practical advice concerning the situation with your little lad. You sound like a lovely bloke who has done the very best he could for his family and don’t deserve to be treated like this but you can come back from this even though it probably doesn’t feel like it at the moment. I send you my very best wishes.?
Thank you, its amazing how others see it so easily. I have heard things from friends and colleagues that have just floored me. How they see me, I just don't see myself the same way. This morning she even tried to tell me it wasn't an affair, it was a relationship with a future... like shes reclassified it to make it less guilt ridden for her.

I tried posting many times over the last few weeks, today I got the courage to hit post.