Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Hahaha, same really! I used to do loads of it over summer*, but I'm way weaker now... :( Waaay too skinny, just veins remain lol

I'll get back up to speed though.

*as you can see by the "this is fecking hard lad" face - it's 130kg deadlift lol but you can't see the smaller plates cuz of the angle of the picture. I started from barely lifting 40 in July, this is a picture from early September!

What I'm saying is, you can do it Bry :)

From my own personal perspective, I've always found cardio training much more beneficial for my own mental health rather than weights, due to the release during and after of endorphins.

However I am naturally skinny and it'd take me years to bulk up !

From my own personal perspective, I've always found cardio training much more beneficial for my own mental health rather than weights, due to the release during and after of endorphins.

However I am naturally skinny and it'd take me years to bulk up !

Opposite for me, being under a bar the world falls away and theres no hard answers its just are you going to get this bar back up to the rack or lie under it forever
Worlds easier that way

You do have a way with words, I'll give you that !

Haha i have a published poem out there somewhere but its about my bird who im not with anymore so its only good for making kids of the future study in english language

Got loads of rhyming scribblings and ive had a few battles in my time but posting it may be a wee bit off topic and starting the 'poetry' thread in the ale house section of a football forum is something my hoop just isnt ready for

Haha i have a published poem out there somewhere but its about my bird who im not with anymore so its only good for making kids of the future study in english language

Got loads of rhyming scribblings and ive had a few battles in my time but posting it may be a wee bit off topic and starting the 'poetry' thread in the ale house section of a football forum is something my hoop just isnt ready for
I've got your back mate, I'd love to read more of your musings. Agree a new thread would be more appropriate.

There's a favourite poems thread on the go already mate co of @summerisle .

I'd really like to have a look at your poems, why don't you post them in there, I'm sure it would be okay ?.

i've been drinking almost everyday, my addiction programme has been shut down due to cut's have anyone got any help.

I used to drink every day when I was your age mate. I set days when I wouldn't drink then gradually increased it. So I'd start with not drinking on Mondays, then I added Thursdays and so on. On the days I wasn't drinking I'd make sure I had something planned, like a game of footy, going out for a run or something to look forward too. Good luck dude.

I had been making a bit of progress since starting counselling in May. I had three sessions and had really opened up discussing the core triggers of my anxiety and depression. We started building an action plan to tackle how to cope with these situations.

Funny enough, I did something that triggers a 10/10 anxiety phase for me three weeks ago. It has stayed with me since and has had an effect on my work and I've been drinking heavily of a weekend to help me sleep. It even ruined a trip abroad that I had been really looking forward to beforehand.

Today I've again been informed that I won't have my regular appointment with my counsellor for the fourth week running because she is 'off sick and they don't really know when she'll be back'.

I know sickness can't be avoided, and I don't really know the severity of her situation. To be off work for four weeks suggests something pretty bad has happened. Having waited since October to finally be seen, I would have at least thought I could have been seen by a stand-in.

Telling a person who has been using their service as a crutch that they don't really know when their counsellor will be back is pretty unprofessional to me.