Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

OK Blue mates. Time to get back in this thread after some while.

I hate this day not because of it being the darkest day of the year but because my brother died on this day in 1964 and my beloved sister was diagnosed with the pancreatic cancer that killed her, last 21st December - she died in September

Folks I am just a bit low today. Time to ask my Blue mates for a collective hug.

I love you Seán, Maureen and all you cracked Blues

@Armaghtoffee thinking of you that is so sad mate

I hate this day not because of it being the darkest day of the year but because my brother died on this day in 1964 and my beloved sister was diagnosed with the pancreatic cancer that killed her, last 21st December - she died in September

Folks I am just a bit low today. Time to ask my Blue mates for a collective hug.

:(
Good on you for shouting up and sharing. Nothing compares to the finality of loss. It hurts and often can stay hurting.
There's mirth and merriment and more afoot in the ale house and world football areas, not least to mention someone's one person crusade against nic coppola.
Digging in, and having a few laughs and trying to be a bit light hearted is definitely the way towards somewhere a bit brighter.
We break the back of winter in the next 24 hours or so and then we get about 15 minutes more light week on week, so here's mud in yer eye winter! Roll on spring and I'm sure a catastrophic FA cup draw.
Try and be good to yourself, a 20 minute walk a day in some fresh air and whatever sunlight is about goes a long way to clearing the mind. When we get into a lull we can stagnate on something clawing at us mentally and it often makes the problem worse. Rejoice in who you've got and try to make the best of the time you have. Relax, take stock, have a few ales and mulled wines, and step into January with a bit of perspective and positivity.

Take care all. x

Thanks so much RP. Been a horrible year. My next door neighbour who is a great mate despite being a Red Manc, is in a coma. Brain haemorrhage

Always came in for a few Guinness on Christmas Day. That won't happen ever again

Just want this year over
Oh that's terrible, I hope he's on the mend. That they got to him in time and he can recover. We take our health for granted, we act like we'll be 21 forever but we're actually very fragile and need a lot of care. I won't patronise you with 'chin up' comments, it's a bleak and dark time of the year and there's no point glossing over the fact, but tomorrow does yield, and Spring is in the post, we've a load of fixtures to crawl through, and refs to get narked with, the cup draw to dread and celebrate, and if things stay ok we'll shove the 10 point deduction up the leagues backside come May. Imagine the satisfaction.

Onwards we blaze our trail.

Thanks so much RP. Been a horrible year. My next door neighbour who is a great mate despite being a Red Manc, is in a coma. Brain haemorrhage

Always came in for a few Guinness on Christmas Day. That won't happen ever again

Just want this year over

Sorry to hear this mate. Understand why you'd be looking forward to the end of the year but tomorrow is never guaranteed so let's all do our best to value each day.

💙

Hope you're well mate.

All the best for Xmas ♡

Consider yourself hugged 💙💙