Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I’m just living day to day mate and find that not thinking about tomorrow helps.

The thing that’s making it bearable at the mo, is that the weather is fantastic, so at least when you do get out it’s enjoyable.

I shudder to think what it would’ve been like if it’d been wet and cold all week.
Spain has been, can't believe the weather could be so bad when I'm under house arrest.

I do not post much in this section. I have lived with mental health for most of my life after having an insane mum who tried to kill me as a youngster. I have Complex PTSD and Thought Based OCD. I also have anxiety and depression. But I am fine. I have been through trauma therapy and I still have ongoing counselling. I still struggle at times, but I have a good outlook on life now, and I am for the most part happy. I was in bad places, dark places, and I tried to end it on a couple of occasions. Thankfully, I am still standing. The reason I am telling you this now is because of the way the world is at the moment. The uncertainty, the worry. People are scared, people are stressed. some will go downhill. Nobody is safe from depression. And.... nobody should be ashamed to ask for help.

What I am trying to say is that I understand. Not every persons condition or struggle, but I do understand what it is like to go to the dark hopeless places, the confused places, the worst places. I am no expert and I can only talk about my own conditions and experiences. But talk I do. For so long I was silent, and silence kills. I am in a good place, I have learnt how to manage and cope, I am strong. What helped me was talking to others who had experienced things similar to me. I am not a counseller, I am no expert. But I care. I may not be the answer, but I am willing to talk to anyone who feels that they need help, or to just get someting off their chest. Feel free to message me. I may not have the answers, I may not be any use to you. But open up, please do not remain silent. Nothing is easy, but the smallest things can help. People helped me, and believe me, I was gone, finished, I saw no future, I saw nothing.

This virus will bring out stress to so many people. So much worry and fear. There is no shame in wanting to talk with someone. I may not be able to help you or ease your panic and fears, but I will always try 100%. OK I waffle on , but please, do not suffer, reach out. I, and I am sure many others here, are only a post or message away. Be strong.

I'm gonna be honest, I've found today a real struggle. Well, the last two weeks but today has hit hard.

I feel bad as a I know a lot of people are in a worse position than me but knowing I'm not gonna get any meaningful support from the government has knocked me a bit.

I know everyone is out of their comfort zone at the moment and hopefully everyone can get through this.

mate never compare or think about other people’s positions or thoughts . You can drown in a puddle , you can drown in an ocean don’t feel you should qualify anything you say .

This is an incredibly difficult time for a lot of people for a lot of us , a lot of people have lost their coping mechanisms often well established so it’s about finding some more whether that’s here or elsewhere. Finding what’s right for you

I do not post much in this section. I have lived with mental health for most of my life after having an insane mum who tried to kill me as a youngster. I have Complex PTSD and Thought Based OCD. I also have anxiety and depression. But I am fine. I have been through trauma therapy and I still have ongoing counselling. I still struggle at times, but I have a good outlook on life now, and I am for the most part happy. I was in bad places, dark places, and I tried to end it on a couple of occasions. Thankfully, I am still standing. The reason I am telling you this now is because of the way the world is at the moment. The uncertainty, the worry. People are scared, people are stressed. some will go downhill. Nobody is safe from depression. And.... nobody should be ashamed to ask for help.

What I am trying to say is that I understand. Not every persons condition or struggle, but I do understand what it is like to go to the dark hopeless places, the confused places, the worst places. I am no expert and I can only talk about my own conditions and experiences. But talk I do. For so long I was silent, and silence kills. I am in a good place, I have learnt how to manage and cope, I am strong. What helped me was talking to others who had experienced things similar to me. I am not a counseller, I am no expert. But I care. I may not be the answer, but I am willing to talk to anyone who feels that they need help, or to just get someting off their chest. Feel free to message me. I may not have the answers, I may not be any use to you. But open up, please do not remain silent. Nothing is easy, but the smallest things can help. People helped me, and believe me, I was gone, finished, I saw no future, I saw nothing.

This virus will bring out stress to so many people. So much worry and fear. There is no shame in wanting to talk with someone. I may not be able to help you or ease your panic and fears, but I will always try 100%. OK I waffle on , but please, do not suffer, reach out. I, and I am sure many others here, are only a post or message away. Be strong.
I wish I could give this more than one like. Some brilliant advice there, which I'm sure will help many people who don't want or feel able to post.

I'm glad you're coping well. Your resilience is admirable.

I recently added Buspar to my anxiety regemin and it's changed how my panic attacks feel. I used to get chest pain, but now I get a tightness in my chest and shortness of breath. Bad timing giving the Coronavirus symptoms...

Anyway, had one of those last night before going to bed. Scared the wife, even though she's seen it happen a lot at this point. Luckily I had my trusty Klonopin to take the anxiety away after about 20 minutes or so.

Cheers mate. I’m finding I’m ok during the day but at night time it’s very difficult to relax or sleep. I spoke to a doctor on the phone this morning and he recommended a nasal spray and ephedrine drops because he said it sounds like my sinuses etc might be blocked. I could only get one of the products and have ordered the other so let’s see. I got some Vicks and did the old head over a tub of hot water mixed with Vicks with a towel over my head and it seems to have cleaned me out a bit although the tinnitus is still as it was. Just going to take it a day at a time at the moment and I’m only going back to work once it’s under control. I’ve never had more than a couple of days off ill before for anything so it’s time to look after myself for once.
Try getting a massage, i used to be a jaw clencher and stress and anxiety makes your whole body tense as well. Used to constantly get aches and pains which i attributed to that ie pulled muscles in my back and neck, been getting a massage monthly for about 4 years now and it's done me the world of good.

This living one day at a time thing... not thinking about the future is very difficult isn't it? When you have anxiety you generally have unhealthy thought patterns, one example of which is catostrophising. I've previously experienced this, thinking for example that I have a serious illness or that something terrible could happen to my loved ones. That has taken me years of applying CBT type techniques to get to grips with. And now we have a ready made catastrophe, I'm not even sure how to deal with it, other than recognising the unhelpful thoughts and trying to find a positive thought to replace it with, or using the Padesky 5 aspects to determine if it is an actual or hypothetical worry and to move on or plan action accordingly. That's a long winded way of saying it's hard to think positively at the moment and it's hard to make any plans, as a consequence of which you're left with your worries. I'd l love to fast forward through the next 6 months and see all of this with hindsight and say "thank goodness we made it". But we'd all like to say that wouldn't we and not everyone will.

So this isn't mental health or depression but I still feel like this falls in this thread. I've been saying that there is a VERY slippery slope from "drinking every night because you are bored" and jumping right in to the "I need to drink" aspect. Im pretty much right in there. My wife and have been pretty poor in the "let's not go overboard every night" crap. Im pretty sure this will be fine on our end(hopefully) but this is a massive issue for a lot of people around the world.

Talk Liverpool, all below can be found under this link,

Staying Well when Social Distancing
The Royal College of Occupational Therapists has the following 10 tips to maintain well-being for those who are social distancing in the coming weeks. Click here to download

Coping with stress during the Coronavirus outbreak
The World Health Organization has the following advice about coping with stress during the outbreak. Click here to dowload

Coping with anxiety about Coronavirus Podcast (see link above)
This is an understandably stressful time and it's normal to feel worried. What can we learn from CBT for health anxiety that might help us with feelings of anxiety during the pandemic? In this short bonus episode, Dr Lucy Maddox from the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies interviews Dr Jo Daniels from Bath University, about things we know are likely to help.

F-A-C-E C-O-V-I-D
Dr Russ Harris an Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Practitioner and author of the Happiness Trap has shared this useful guidance on responding effectively to the thoughts, emotions and behaviours you may be experiencing as a result of the Coronavirus. Click here to download

OCD and coronavirus (COVID-19)
OCD-UK a National Charity has a range of advice for people who may be experiencing more distress than usual that can be accessed by clicking here

Can I suggest that anyone who is struggling with anxiety problems relating to the Coronavirus, delete the likes of Facebook etc.

It can guarantee it will significantly lower your anxiety levels.

There is nothing good on there for anyone at the mo and is even more of a platform for the deranged, attention seeking and those with agendas.

Can I suggest that anyone who is struggling with anxiety problems relating to the Coronavirus, delete the likes of Facebook etc.

It can guarantee it will significantly lower your anxiety level.
Facebook ....Just scroll past and don't read the scaremongering posts , some of the jokey posts are hilarious.
Twitter on the other hand is a keyboard warriors paradise , some unbelievable venom spewed out on there !

I'm gonna be honest, I've found today a real struggle. Well, the last two weeks but today has hit hard.

I feel bad as a I know a lot of people are in a worse position than me but knowing I'm not gonna get any meaningful support from the government has knocked me a bit.

I know everyone is out of their comfort zone at the moment and hopefully everyone can get through this.

If you're in a bad spot P, don't hold it in, regardless of what you might think about your situation.

As ever, you know where to find me if you need a spot to air things out.

If you're in a bad spot P, don't hold it in, regardless of what you might think about your situation.

As ever, you know where to find me if you need a spot to air things out.

Cheers mate, really appreciate that.

Friday was tough but the weekend has been better so far.

Just gonna have to wait and see how all this plays out. A lot of people are in the same boat.