Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Seen a few posts from young people on here and you want to say just get through it and it really won't seem so important a couple of years down the line. This post just needs re-posting whenever that happens in future.
I really do hope if any younger people are going through something similar that they'd at least take a little bit of something from what I wrote. The first step will always be the hardest and like you said you want to say that it'll be alright but that's the last thing you're thinking in that situation at the time. But with time everything will get better there's no doubt about that at all. As I said before if it helps one person even just a little bit then it'll be well worth it.

Me again.
Well I'm sitting here at home some 18 hrs after returning from a few days away in Spain.
Almost a week ago I finally got through to the Trust who in turn had one of the duty nurses ring me with the nett result that I'm going to have some counselling sessions. That was partly because I told them of my reluctance to start the Sertraline tabs I'd been prescribed. As I had mentioned, I certainly wasn't going to start to take them whilst abroad due to possible initial side effects.
But, I had a horrendous time whilst away being the most unhappy miserable sod imagineable.
So I've decided to start the tablets. In fairness the duty nurse I spoke with, whilst saying throughout that it was my choice, was as sure as she could be, that the low dose I've been given would be ok to take.
Twenty eight days now confronts me to see if these can help.

yeah mate i didn't even know they had started working and one night i got in from work and me and the baby where playing and i was crying laughing and the wife goes "well your tabs seem to be working" and i was like oh yeah

its hard at first, because they aren't designed to make you manically happy, they make you feel normal again, and at that point you have to keep an eye out for any slips back into the old moods, if that occurs it may need increasing, i was on 25mg for 7 days, then 50mg for 6 weeks, then i must have been building up a slight tolerance as i was slipping back, then i got on 100mg and so far so good

you probably have a vision in your head of what someone on anti-depressants looks like, its not like that at all mate, i was the same, they literally do just level you out, the rest you have to do yourself

as COYB has said, anything your feeling, come on here and we can chat through

good luck bud

yeah mate i didn't even know they had started working and one night i got in from work and me and the baby where playing and i was crying laughing and the wife goes "well your tabs seem to be working" and i was like oh yeah

its hard at first, because they aren't designed to make you manically happy, they make you feel normal again, and at that point you have to keep an eye out for any slips back into the old moods, if that occurs it may need increasing, i was on 25mg for 7 days, then 50mg for 6 weeks, then i must have been building up a slight tolerance as i was slipping back, then i got on 100mg and so far so good

you probably have a vision in your head of what someone on anti-depressants looks like, its not like that at all mate, i was the same, they literally do just level you out, the rest you have to do yourself

as COYB has said, anything your feeling, come on here and we can chat through

good luck bud
Getting the nausea at present can't face any scoff.
Also dull headache all day and been told can't take paracetamol and the likes.

Hi everyone, been meaning to post an update for a few weeks but just didnt make the time to do it until now. For future reference if I'm ever not posting in this thread but I am active on the site in other places it's right to just assume it's because I'm doing fine. :)

Still working at the job, thankfully they didnt can me like I feared. Turns out they were kid-gloving me when they sent me home, doing it to help me but I wasn't appreciative at the time.

Things have felt a bit mixed for me since. They have since reigned things back in, they've admitted they pushed too much onto too quickly and from now want to go forward at a slower pace which is a sentiment I do appreciate. Problem is I've found myself spending a lot of days just ruminating and getting restless.

My job role somewhat separates me from the other people in the office, I'm sat in the corner somewhat because my role requires maximum concentration. When things are really busy for everyone else it means a lull for me and vice versa. This week especially things have been very very hectic for the team whilst I'm sat there and might as well just pick my arse. It's impossible not to crack up a bit (even though I think I've done a decent job of hiding it) and there's only so many times you do odd jobs to pass the time until things pick up. Today and yesterday were particularly tough.

Most of the people are lovely, there's only 1 or 2 I've found myself not liking (personality differences mostly). I do feel somewhat out of place and worry how I'm coming across sometimes. When I'm restless/anxious/fed up I tend to just go into a shell and not draw any attention to myself, it's my defence mechanism and I suppose everyone has one.

Today there were a few times were everyone else in the office was laughing and joking around and having fun. I didnt join in at all, I didn't feel like it and to be honest the person at the centre of things is one of the people I really cant be arsed with. Instead I just kept quiet in my corner desk. I worry though that things like that are making me come across as miserable or troubled.

Maybe it's all nothing but I just wanted to get it off my chest. I'm not sure how things will play out but hopefully no more days like these past few have been. I haven't slept well because I'm house-sitting and don't sleep very well when not in my bed but I've felt things building up since I came back to work.

Hoping everyone is well. :)

Hi everyone, been meaning to post an update for a few weeks but just didnt make the time to do it until now. For future reference if I'm ever not posting in this thread but I am active on the site in other places it's right to just assume it's because I'm doing fine. :)

Still working at the job, thankfully they didnt can me like I feared. Turns out they were kid-gloving me when they sent me home, doing it to help me but I wasn't appreciative at the time.

Things have felt a bit mixed for me since. They have since reigned things back in, they've admitted they pushed too much onto too quickly and from now want to go forward at a slower pace which is a sentiment I do appreciate. Problem is I've found myself spending a lot of days just ruminating and getting restless.

My job role somewhat separates me from the other people in the office, I'm sat in the corner somewhat because my role requires maximum concentration. When things are really busy for everyone else it means a lull for me and vice versa. This week especially things have been very very hectic for the team whilst I'm sat there and might as well just pick my arse. It's impossible not to crack up a bit (even though I think I've done a decent job of hiding it) and there's only so many times you do odd jobs to pass the time until things pick up. Today and yesterday were particularly tough.

Most of the people are lovely, there's only 1 or 2 I've found myself not liking (personality differences mostly). I do feel somewhat out of place and worry how I'm coming across sometimes. When I'm restless/anxious/fed up I tend to just go into a shell and not draw any attention to myself, it's my defence mechanism and I suppose everyone has one.

Today there were a few times were everyone else in the office was laughing and joking around and having fun. I didnt join in at all, I didn't feel like it and to be honest the person at the centre of things is one of the people I really cant be arsed with. Instead I just kept quiet in my corner desk. I worry though that things like that are making me come across as miserable or troubled.

Maybe it's all nothing but I just wanted to get it off my chest. I'm not sure how things will play out but hopefully no more days like these past few have been. I haven't slept well because I'm house-sitting and don't sleep very well when not in my bed but I've felt things building up since I came back to work.

Sounds good mate!

I really wouldn't care if they think you're coming across miserable to be fair - the nice people might ask you what's up and you can just be like "yeh sorry, just concentrating". You'll never get an office where you like everyone (well possibly might, I do) so just give your time to colleagues you like and avoid the couple you're gonna possibly clash with.

You’re never going to get on with everyone mate, just focus on the positives and the people you get on with.

I don't post in here much, but a young lad I knew committed suicide at the weekend. He was a friend of my friends, and I only met him occasionally when our orbits crossed. But he was a lovely, cheerful sort of person whenever I talked to him and this has come as an absolute bolt from the blue for people who knew him. It's been said on here many times before, but talking to people works and if you ever feel hopeless or low, don't suffer in silence. Get help and talk to people you trust, it's never as bad as you think it is, and never bad enough to take your own life.

Getting the nausea at present can't face any scoff.
Also dull headache all day and been told can't take paracetamol and the likes.

yeah, i had stomach cramps on top,

i know you say you cant face food but try and get something in mate or it will just make the nausea worse long run, plus any tabs on an empty stomach isn't a great idea

paracetamol is fine on sertraline, not sure why you have been told that, its ibuprophen and aspirin and stuff like naproxen that you cant take on them

how many days into them are you now mate?

I don't post in here much, but a young lad I knew committed suicide at the weekend. He was a friend of my friends, and I only met him occasionally when our orbits crossed. But he was a lovely, cheerful sort of person whenever I talked to him and this has come as an absolute bolt from the blue for people who knew him. It's been said on here many times before, but talking to people works and if you ever feel hopeless or low, don't suffer in silence. Get help and talk to people you trust, it's never as bad as you think it is, and never bad enough to take your own life.

its always the way mate, the ones who seem happiest, look at Robin Williams!!

its how people are when they think no one is looking that you need to watch for

i have always been known as "mr joker" by my family, but its an act, it was not what i felt inside

Common mate, it’ll pass.

It’s the chemicals in your brain interacting with the meds / resetting themselves.

except the runs, ive had them for nigh on 6 months! hahaha

going through bog roll like its going out of fashion, i have single handedly cut down the amazon

except the runs, ive had them for nigh on 6 months! hahaha

going through bog roll like its going out of fashion, i have single handedly cut down the amazon
Get a cheese grater and grate up a few apples and eat that, that will cure your runs if you eat the grated apples for a couple of days.